Making your own nut butter is easy and, unlike many shop-bought nut butters, this one is free of added sugar.
- Yield: 18 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1. Tip the nuts into the bowl of a food processor with the salt. Grind to small pieces. Whizz, taking a rest every minute or so, until the nuts warm up and begin to release their oils.
- Continue processing until a creamy, silky nut butter forms. Add the vanilla extract and process once more to combine.
- Wash two 225-g/8-oz lidded jars and rinse thoroughly, then dry with a clean tea towel or kitchen paper. Put the jars on a baking tray and heat in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Sterilize the lids by boiling them in water for 5 minutes, then dry them on kitchen paper.
- Using a clean spoon, fill the jars with the nut butter and cover with the lids. Store in the refrigerator to preserve the unsaturated oils in the butter. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before using so the butter will spread more easily. It will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.