- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large white onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb 1 oz (500 g) chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized strips
- a large pinch of salt
- 18 fl oz (400 g) gluten-free chicken stock
- 14 oz (400 g) tinned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ lemon juice and grated zest
How to Make It
- Heat the butter in a large pot, then add the onion, leek and carrots and sauté for 7 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and bay leaves and cook for another 30 seconds. Put the chicken pieces into the pot with a big pinch of salt, stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken has browned.
- Pour in the stock and the chickpeas, turn down the heat and leave to simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and a pinch of the zest before serving hot.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.