- Yield: 10 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 kg (2 lb 2 oz) raw jackfruit, peeled, cut into chunks
- 9 oz (250 g) dried red mung beans
- 3½ oz (100 g) fermented black beans
- 7 oz (200 g) white onion, peeled, chopped
- 1¾ oz (50 g) garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2½ fl oz (1-1.5 ltr) water or gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 fl oz (30 ml) liquid smoke (optional) salt (optional)
How to Make It
- Soak the red mung beans in cold water overnight to rehydrate.
- The next day, boil the mung beans, white onion, and garlic in water or vegetable stock for 1 hour, or until the beans are tender.
- Add the liquid smoke, fermented black beans and jackfruit and simmer for 20 minutes or until the jackfruit is fork tender. Season with salt if desired before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.