- Yield: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
For the Caramel
For the Base
How to Make It
- For the base, toast the pecans in a dry frying pan until just turning colour and smelling delicious.
- Place the pecans in a small food processor or chopper along with the melted oil, runny honey and cinnamon.
- Blend until the pecans are finely chopped and sticking together.
- Press the mixture into your desired dish and place in the freezer to set for about 45 minutes.
- For the topping, soak the dates in boiling water for 30 minutes. Once soaked, drain and add to a blender with the remaining topping ingredients. Add a little water and blend until smooth. You want the mixture to be like a thick caramel, so adjust the amount of water accordingly.
- Spread the caramel sauce onto the base, decorate with pecans and serve with your choice of topping.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.