Polenta is the perfect foundation for this light dish. The salty prosciutto is complemented by the creamy mozzarella, with the pesto adding a hint of warm Italian summers.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- ½ in (1 cm) thick slices of baked polenta or precooked, store-bought polenta, about 10 oz (300 g) in total
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- ½ in (1 cm) thick slices of mozzarella cheese, about 10 oz (300 g) in total
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 3 oz (85 g) store-bought basil pesto
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Add the polenta and fry for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
- Divide the polenta slices between four plates. Top each one with a slice of tomato and mozzarella. Place a slice of prosciutto on each stack and drizzle evenly with the pesto. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.