- Yield: 18
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
For the buns
- 11 oz (300 g) gluten-free plain flour mix
- 3½ oz (100 g) brown rice flour
- 3½ oz (100 g) white rice flour
- 3 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 oz (60 g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small unwaxed lemon finely grated zest
- 16 fl oz (400 ml) tepid water, plus extra as needed
- 4½ oz (125 g) butter, softened
- 7 oz (200 g) raisins
- butter, softened
How to Make It
- Line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper. Combine the flours, yeast, xanthan gum, spices, sugar, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Add 400 ml (14 fl oz) water and the butter, and mix until incorporated. Beat until the consistency of thick cake batter, adding more water if the mixture is too dry, or more flour mix if too wet.
- Stir in the raisins. Place the bowl in a warm place and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Take small mounds of the dough mixture and place them spaced part on the baking trays. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. After rising, bake for about 30-35 minutes until golden, risen and dry to the touch.
- To glaze, remove the buns from the oven and brush all over with the sugar and milk glaze.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with butter.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.