- Yield: 10
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
For the filling
- 1 kg (2 lb 2 oz) salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- 9 oz (250 g) fresh spinach leaves, cut into thin strips
- 7 oz (200 g) shallots, peeled, finely chopped
- 5½ oz (150 g) butter
- 2¾ oz (75 g) gluten free flour
- 1.75 (3 pt) fresh milk
- 9 oz (250 g) Parmesan, shaved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
For the dough
How to Make It
- For the dough, whisk the flour and salt in a bowl until well-combined. Add the coconut oil and mix thoroughly until crumbly. Add the egg and mix.
- Add the water, one tablespoon at a time the dough should come together, but should not be too wet. Use less or more water if needed.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a pan.
- Sauté the shallots over a medium heat until translucent. Stir in the flour and mix for a further minute, then whisk in the milk.
- Add the salmon and spinach leaves and mix together for another minute. Turn off the heat and fold in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- To assemble, divide the dough into 10 balls. Put each ball in between sheets of parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin. Pour the filling into individual soup cups. Top with the pie dough. Make small incisions on the dough using a paring knife, then brush with egg yolk.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.