Turmeric milk has been a favorite in India for years, and for good reason. The spice is a powerful anti-inflammatory, and it can relieve cold and flu symptoms and settle the stomach. This magical, healing drink is also a fabulous way to relax and calm the body, and assist with sleep. Oh, and did I mention that this blend is just plain yummy? It’s my ultimate bedtime comfort food.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 cup (240 g) unsweetened almond milk (strained if homemade)
- 1 tablespoon raw unsalted cashews, blanched slivered raw almonds, or shelled raw pistachios, soaked
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon minced ginger
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 2 pitted soaked dates, or 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until the dates are fully incorporated. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a saucepan.
- Set the saucepan over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is just warm. (Alternatively, if you’re using a high-speed blender, just keep blending until the mixture is warm, and then strain it right into your glass.)