Serve this with simple grilled chicken or fish. The stew brings a lovely garlic flavor of its own.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 asparagus stalks, woody ends broken off, chopped into ¾ in (2 cm) lengths, tips and stalks kept separate
- 3½ oz (100 g) frozen young sweet peas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise, cut into ½ in (1 cm) cubes
- 4 large scallions, white part only, cut into ½ in (1 cm) pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp white wine
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
How to Make It
- In a large pan of boiling salted water, blanch the asparagus stalks together with the peas for 1 minute. Add the asparagus tips and cook for another 1 minute. Drain the vegetables and refresh immediately in a large bowl of cold water, then drain again.
- In the same pan, melt the butter with the oil. Add the zucchini and scallions and cook for 2–3 minutes until they start to brown at the edges. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the wine (it will bubble up and almost evaporate), then the cream, and season well.
- Add the blanched vegetables to the pan and cook for another minute or two over high heat until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Stir in the mint to serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.