- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 2½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- a pinch of caster sugar
- 1 kg (2 lb 2 oz) new potatoes, halved
- 26 fl oz (750 ml) gluten-free vegetable stock
- 7 fl oz (200 ml) double cream
- 8 oz (225 g) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lime juice
- a small handful of coriander, roughly torn
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and a pinch of salt, sweating for 6-8 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the spices and sugar and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the potatoes and cover with the stock, stirring well.
- Bring to a simmer and cook steadily, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender to the tip of a knife, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the peas and cream, and return to a simmer, cooking for about 3 minutes until the peas are soft.
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir in the coriander before ladling into bowls and serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.