- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 14 oz (400 g) tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 5½ oz (150 g) wild rice, rinsed
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- ¼ of a bunch of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking tray with paper. Put 1 tbsp coconut oil into a large bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Stir the spices into the coconut oil, add the chickpeas and stir to fully coat. Tip onto the lined baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Spread out evenly and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the remaining coconut oil into the bowl used for the chickpeas and heat in the microwave until melted, then leave to cool slightly.
- Mix the harissa into the coconut oil, coat the chicken in the mix.
- Place a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Transfer the chicken into the pan and fry for about 5-7 minutes, until completely cooked through.
- Cook the rice. When the chickpeas are cooked, mix with the wild rice to combine.
- Divide the rocket between two plates, top with the rice and chickpea mixture, then top with the cooked chicken. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and coriander, pour over the dressing and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.