- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
- ½ cup MCT oil or other liquid oil, such as extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds button mushrooms, cleaned and halved or quartered, (very small mushrooms can be left whole)
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, or cloves from 1 head Garlic Confit
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Florence
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mushroom mixture into a bowl. Add the vinegar, garlic, basil, Herbes de Florence, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a quart-sized mason jar, cover, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving (marinate longer for a stronger flavor). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.