- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g chicken breast fillets,cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 400 g can cherry tomatoes
- 400 g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- 200 g green beans, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
- Heat half of the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Cook the chicken, in two batches, for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic, celery and capsicum, stirring, for 6–7 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Add tomatoes, lentils and ¼ cup of water to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer mixture for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Add beans and cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season with cracked black pepper, as desired. Serve.