- Yield: 8 Servings
How to Make It
- Prepare ice cream maker for use according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1 can peaches, vanilla extract and ¼ teaspoon salt. Pulse until smooth and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, and heavy whipping cream over medium heat. Whisk until foamy and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Gradually add the warm milk mixture, whisking constantly until combined thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan and return to medium heat. Add the peach purée and cook, whisking constantly for 5 to 10 minutes. If egg lumps begin to form, remove from heat immediately.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, using a fine strainer to separate any lumps from the liquid. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour into the prepared ice cream maker and churn for 40 minutes. About 10 minutes before the churning is complete, add the remaining can of peaches. Transfer to a freezer-safe bowl and freeze until desired consistency.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.