In Italy, bowls of pasta are layered differently than they are here in the United States. The sauce is the most important part of the meal, so the pasta is added to the sauce, instead of the sauce being added on top of the pasta!
- Yield: 8 Servings 2 cups of sauce
How to Make It
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add onion, celery, and carrots and sauté until onion is clear, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook thoroughly, about 8–10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and paste and heat through.
- Mix rotini and sauce, top with Parmesan cheese if using, and serve.