In this satisfying dish, shrimp and asparagus are stir-fried in a light white wine sauce and served over creamy, cheesy polenta. Quick and easy, it is perfect for dinner or even impressing your friends!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 21 Minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) asparagus, ends removed and cut into 1 in (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 lb (450 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked polenta
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese, plus extra to garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced, to serve
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions, and asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened. Then add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, stirring, until just beginning to turn pink.
- Pour in the wine and stir to combine. Cook for another 2–3 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and pink. Remove from the heat and season to taste if needed.
- Meanwhile, place 3 cups of water and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the polenta and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Divide the polenta evenly between four plates and top with one quarter of the shrimp and asparagus stir-fry. Garnish with cheese and serve hot with lemon slices.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.