- Yield: 9
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
For the pesto
For the Muffins
How to Make It
- For the pesto, soak sundried tomatoes in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Add the tomatoes, walnuts, basil, garlic, yeast, lemon juice, salt and plenty of black pepper and chilli to a food processor and blend until combined.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, a small amount at a time, and continue to blend into a smooth paste. You may not need all the olive oil, or you may need more.
- For the muffins, preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4.
- Place nine silicone cupcake cases or a silicone muffin tray onto a baking tray.
- Whisk together the eggs, water, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the muffin cases, filling each one three-quarters full. Distribute the olives evenly between the muffin cases, pushing them beneath the surface. Add 1 tsp pesto on top of each muffin. Store the remaining pesto in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the mixture is set and the tops are golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the moulds before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.