- Yield: 24 bars
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 24 gluten-free caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 can (12 oz) salted cocktail peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray (without flour).
- In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, ½ cup butter, the vanilla and egg until soft dough forms. Press in pan. Bake 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels, 2 tablespoons butter and the condensed milk over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted. Remove from heat. Carefully pour filling over partially baked crust; spread evenly. Sprinkle with peanuts. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- In small resealable freezer plastic bag, place chocolate chips; seal bag. Microwave on High 1 minute, kneading bag every 15 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cut tiny corner off bag; squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate over bars. Cool on cooling rack 1 hour. Refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.