- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
For the dough
For the topping
- 8 oz (225 g) mixed olives, pitted
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 oz (280 g) baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp baby capers, in brine, drained
- 4 tbsp capers, in brine, drained
- 12 tinned anchovies, in oil, drained
- 6 oz (165 g) soft goat's cheese, roughly torn
- 1 small bunch thyme sprigs, roughly chopped
How to Make It
- For the dough, preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the flour mix, baking powder, sugar, xanthan gum and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour in the extra-virgin olive oil and 250 ml (9 fl oz) water.
- Mix to a smooth dough, adding more flour or water as needed if too dry or wet; it should be soft and even. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out on a lightly floured surface into large ovals 5 mm (¼in) thick. Lift onto large baking trays and brush all over with extra-virgin olive oil. Cover with damp tea towels.
- For the toppings, combine the olives, garlic and extra-virgin olive oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until you have a rough tapenade. Season to taste with pepper.
- Bake the flatbreads for 12-15 minutes, until browned all over and cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool briefly before spreading with the tapenade. Top with the baby plum tomatoes, baby capers, capers, anchovies, goat's cheese and thyme.
- Season with a little freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.