Smokers are favorite items in our homes, mostly to use them during parties or over the summer holidays. During such happy moments, a lot of families get together and enjoy special types of meals during these memorable days during summers. Moreover, most of these smoked meals can only be prepared through the best grill for tailgating. Although a lot of us are only familiar with smoked meat, this article has provided additional recipes to help you during the preparation of other additional dishes.
- Smoked macaroni and cheese
Besides having smoked main dishes, we can also have smoked side dishes such as macaroni and cheese. The best meal is when you are able to taste the smoke without it overwhelming the subtle delicacy.
- Mix your mac and cheese in your flavors of your choice.
- Put your chops in cast iron. This will give you a lot of surface area for your mac and cheese to have them covered in smoke.
- Smoke them in low temperatures of less than 225 degrees F. Moreover, use mild wood such as cherry and apple to give them flavor.
- Let them cook for a 1-2 hours until ready.
- Smoked salmon
Once you purchase your whole salmon, cure it for one day, leave it to dry for a few hours and later smoke it to get the most mouthwatering flavored fish.
- In a bowl, you need to mix some ingredients such as salt, sugar, peppercorns, and dark brown sugar. Cover your salmon with this mixture and later coat it wholly in an aluminum foil
- Place your covered fish on a sheet pan and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. After this, flip it over for another 12 hours
- Unwrap your salmon and wash off all the cure in cold water. Place your fish in a dry place until it is all dried up.
- Smoke your fish at a temperature not exceeding 160 degrees F.
- Smoked whole turkey
- After refrigerating, let your turkey rest for at least 30 minutes
- Prepare a charcoal smoker and let it heat at 275 degrees F for indirect smoking
- Place your turkey on the roasting pan and brush it with oil and other seasonings such as pepper
- In a bowl, mix chicken stock, honey, and ginger. After about 45 minutes of cooking, ensure that you baste your turkey. Repeat this after every 30 minutes up to about 4 hours of cooking.
- Remove the turkey, rest for 30 minutes and slice it into desired sizes
- Smoked potato salad
Here is a recipe for this delicacy;
- Soak all your wood chips in water for about an hour and drain it dry
- Heat your grill whereby one side heats up to 400 degrees F while the other side is left with no heat
- Prepare your aluminum foil pan by pricking the lower side with a kitchen knife, place it on the heated side of the grill and later add about a cup of woodchips to your pan
- In a bowl, mix all your seasonings such as oil, pepper, salt. In addition to this, add your potatoes to the mixture
- After coating, place them on a paper foil on the unheated side. Let it cook for about 30 minutes and afterwards, under low heat for 15 more minutes
- Remove your potatoes and combine them with onions and olive oil, ready to be served
- Smoked corn on the comb
For those of us who love grilling our corns, you will absolutely love them smoked. Smoking is not only easy, but also adds flavor to your corn.
- Soak your comb in its ears in water for a few hours
- Rub with olive oil and other seasonings of your choice
- Smoke for about an hour while with the husks still on
- This is a cooking method whereby you smoke your meat and later soak it in beer for some hours.
- The soaked meat is later cooked in the oven for more hours at 300 degrees F
- Your chunks of brisket should be covered in foil
- It is ready once it tastes tender and cooked
Although a lot of us enjoy smoked foods from people during summer parties, we might not all be conversant with the recipes. Asking a recipe for every food can be quite hectic. This article has therefore made work easier for you. Surprise your loved ones in the summer with the above delicacies.