When it comes to baby feeding, you should carefully select the formula manufacturer. On the shelves of stores, you can find a large number of baby formula. But how to choose the right one? Scientific progress has shown that the quality of infant milk can be improved artificially. That’s why flavorings, thickeners, and other substances are added to the content of some formula. Fortunately, now parents are more conscious in selecting baby feeding giving the preferences to the natural food.
While you are looking for the feeding for your little one, pay particular attention to where the ingredients were grown and in what way they are prepared. Various quality certificates come in handy, which confirm the safety of manufacturing at every stage of production. The organic label is on many formula and manufacturers consider it necessary to convey this to the consumer.
What is the Difference Between Organic and Non-Organic Formula?
- First of all, it is unacceptable if the soil where the plants germinate is fertilized with chemicals. The same applies to the land on which animals graze. Therefore, a minimum of three years must pass from the time any chemicals are added to the soil.
- Animals are fed only with natural food. In addition, it is generally accepted that they should live in the absence of stress. And if these requirements are fulfilled the formula made from the products grown in such conditions receive organic labels.
- The use of antibiotics and other chemicals to improve the quality of finished products is contraindicated.
- In the process of growing plants, growth stimulants are not used, as well as protection against insects and diseases.
- The technology for the manufacture of organic formula provides for the absence of any contact with inorganic products.
- Mandatory control at every stage of production.
- What’s even more, the organic formula has a relatively large expiration date which can be explained by the quality of the initial organic raw materials.
How to Understand That the Formula is Organic?
Control over organic formula is carried out by the state of the manufacturer. For example, in Europe in order to get the organic label, the formula must contain at least 95% of natural ingredients. Moreover, enterprises also independently check the quality of products in their laboratories. E.g. except for following the EU standards, the HiPP manufacturer also has its own laboratory that has even stricter regulations so that HiPP baby formula is as safe as possible for the health of babies. Besides, the company offers a wide range of bio-products for kids from birth to 3 years old. The brand’s assortment includes organic formula for kids with different needs(allergy or other digestive disorders), vegetable and fruit purees, recommended for babies from 6 months.
All HiPP formula range is made of natural ingredients without adding sugar. There is no need for adding sugar since the components contain natural saccharides. Fruit puree consists of organic fruits and does not contain in its composition sugar, starch, gluten, milk protein, preservatives, dyes, flavors. Vegetable, meat menus, soup for children under 12 months do not contain salt. When a baby turns a year, it begins to gradually move to another nutrition, which turns on the iodized salt (its content corresponds to the baby’s age needs). HIPP experts for many years investigate breast milk and are developing milk formula, as close as possible to it. That is why HiPP baby food is made of organic milk and contain a protective combination of probiotics and prebiotics as those in breast milk:
- prebiotics – food components that are part of breast milk support the development of probiotics and their own useful intestinal microflora.
- Probiotics – probiotic cultures of lactobacilli L. Fermentum, which are part of breast milk, form a normal intestinal microflora and support healthy digestion.
- Omega-3, Omega-6
- the amount of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates is optimal for each age
- vitamins, iron, calcium, and other important ingredients to ensure harmonious development
- nucleotides – are substances that are part of breast milk and are important to strengthen immunity.
Why Do Babies Need to Have Organic Formula?
The requirements for raw materials used for baby organic formula are much higher than for those used for adult food. Growing organic products that are suitable for infant feeding is not as difficult as maintaining the same high quality for the next harvest. Therefore, manufacturers must conduct a thorough examination of each batch of raw materials. The point is that the immature kid’s body is extremely sensitive to new foods and the risk of allergies is quite high. Organic products reduce this risk, and the absence of toxins helps the baby grow up healthy, getting only the right nutrients and vitamins.
Furthermore, organic baby formula has a higher content of vitamins. In addition to that, feeding a kid with organic formula ensures good mental development because the natural formula has the proper amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids and Omega-3 fatty acids. These elements play important role in mental development. Lots of kids suffer from different digestive issues such as acid reflux, constipation, and so on, organic formula thanks to its natural components much reduce the risk of appearing these problems. What’s more, the above-mentioned formula brand provides an organic formula that helps with different infant-sensitive problems.
The best nutrition for a baby is surely breast milk. A child gets everything necessary for full growth and development, strong immunity, and health from it. But sometimes, breastfeeding is not an option. In this case, it is important to choose a high-quality dairy diet following the age and food needs of a baby. A good alternative is an organic formula. First of all, this is safety. Milk is monitored by an independent organic certification department. It means that cows graze on open pastures and receive the only natural feed. The use of GMOs, bone flour, animal growth stimulants, and the preventive use of antibiotics on organic farms is strictly prohibited. Unconditional advantage on the side of breastfeeding so before starting bottle-feeding, visit a pediatrician so that a doctor can help to pick up the feeding according to a baby’s need and peculiarities of development.