|Apple seed oil Quick Facts|
|Name:||Apple seed oil|
|Scientific Name:||Pyrus malus|
|Origin||It is cultivated for about 1000 years in Europe, Asia and was brought by European colonists to North America.|
|Colors||Yellow to light green|
|Taste||Mild and pleasant|
|Health benefits||Enhance skin's appearance, Activates collagen, Slows down aging process, Prevent sun damage, Softens skin|
It is cultivated for about 1000 years in Europe, Asia and was brought by European colonists to North America. It has mythological and religious importance in the cultures of Greek, Norse and European Christian traditions. It was originated in Central Asia.
Health benefits of Apple seed oil
Besides the health benefits of apple, the seeds found in the center of the fruit possess amazing health benefits. It is used to facilitate collagen synthesis and skin regeneration.
- Enhance skin’s appearance
Apple seed oil contains fatty acids that promote the overall skin’s appearance. It plays a vital role in the body functions and provides softness as well as nutrition to the skin.
- Activates collagen
Apple seed oil has compounds that enhance collagen synthesis of the skin. Collagen is a protein that stimulates the cells of the skin that provides young looking skin. Its production lowers as the ages which weakens the cells and makes the skin look dull and lifeless. This oil provides softness and elasticity to the skin.
- Slows down aging process
Apple seed oil has compounds that enhance collagen synthesis in the skin health. It activates the collagen as well as its production that makes the skin firm and youthful. This makes the skin look vibrant and lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines which are the common signs of aging. Additionally, it has high content of antioxidants that eliminates free radicals and delays signs of aging.
- Prevent sun damage
It could be used as a sunscreen lotion before going out in the sun due to its natural UV filtration properties; it prevents sun damage caused due to the harmful rays of the sun.
- Softens skin
Apple seed oil softens and protects texture. It also enhances the shine so, it is used by the models before photo shoot to provide gloss and extra sheen to the body.
- Regeneration of skin
Apple seed oil is used to strengthen skin and imparts shine. It provides skin a rejuvenated look. It is used in massage centers and parlors for the skin therapies. It is used as a vital ingredient in face packs and facial products for its skin renewing activity.
- Provides elasticity
Apple seed oil provides elasticity to the skin. The regular application of apple seed oil during pregnancy helps to eliminate stretch marks. It hydrates, softens and protects the skin health.
- Prevent cancer
Apple seed oil is able to prevent the chances of skin cancer. It could be used as massage oil and used regularly.
- Treat acne
Apple seed oil is used to treat skin ailments such as acne. It is rich in antioxidants that help to clean skin and soothe acne.
- Softens skin
Apple seed oil has sweet and mild aroma so is added to skin care products and perfumes. It makes the skin feel smooth and soft.
- It is used to massage new born babies.
- It is also used to fight signs of aging, cure acne and eliminate stretch marks.
- It is used to calm inflammation, restore normal skin barrier function and condition skin as well as hair.
- It is used to protect, soften, nourish and hydrate hair as well as skin.
- It enhances the renewal process of skin and also increases collagen synthesis.
- It is used to calm down inflammations on the skin.
- It is used to prevent the chances of cancer such as skin cancer and premature aging.
- It is used to maintain skin health and treats acne as well as other skin ailments.
- It promotes the hair growth, provides relief from stomach cramps, lower blood sugar levels and prevents diarrhea.
- People who are allergic to apple, strawberry, almond, apricot, peach and plum should not use this oil.
- The people having health problems should consult the doctor for use.
- Use it in moderate amounts.
- For topical use, do a patch test before use.
- It is also used in medical and cosmetic industries.
- It is used as an ingredient in lotions, lip balms, shampoos, hair products and creams.
Apple seed oil facts
|Name||Apple seed oil|
|Scientific Name of Apple||Pyrus malus|
|Native||It is cultivated for about 1000 years in Europe, Asia and was brought by European colonists to North America. It has mythological and religious importance in the cultures of Greek, Norse and European Christian traditions. It was originated in Central Asia.|
|Name in Other Languages of Apple||Albanian: mollë;
Belarusian: jablyk (яблык);
Bulgarian: yabŭlka (ябълка);
Greek: mílo (μήλο);
Macedonian: jabolko (јаболко);
Serbian: јабука (jabuka);
Russian: yabloko (яблоко);
Ukrainian: yabluko (яблуко);
Yiddish: epl (עפּל);
Armenian: khndzor (խնձոր);
Bengali: Āpēla (আপেল);
Georgian: vashlis (ვაშლის);
Chinese: Píngguǒ (苹果);
Gujarati: Ēpala (એપલ);
Hindi: seb (सेब);
Kannada: Sēbu (ಸೇಬು);
Japanese: Seb (林檎);
Khmer: phle baom (ផ្លែប៉ោម);
Kazakh: alma (алма);
Lao: chak nak aeob poe (ຈາກຫນາກແອບເປີ);
Korean: sagwa (사과);
Marathi: Sapharacanda (सफरचंद);
Malayalam: āppiḷ (ആപ്പിൾ);
Mongolian: alim (алим);
Nepali: Syā’u (स्याउ);
Myanmar (Burmese): paannsee (ပန်းသီး);
Sinhala: æpal (ඇපල්);
Tamil: Āppiḷ (ஆப்பிள்);
Tajik: seʙ (себ);
Thai: Xæ ppeîl (แอปเปิ้ล);
Telugu: Āpil (ఆపిల్);
Arabic: tafaha (تفاحة);
Haitian Creole: pòm;
|Extraction method||Cold pressed, filtration|
|Color||Yellow to light green|
|Flavor/aroma||Gentle and sweet|
|Taste||Mild and pleasant|