The pure substance is almost harmless, but on hydrolysis it yields hydrocyanic acid, a very rapidly acting poison – it should thus be treated with caution.
Since there is no particular side effects of consuming apricot moderately, but few people might have allergies.
People with kidney stones must limit the consumption of apricot because of presence of oxalates.
Because of Amygdalin, excess consumption of apricot is not recommended as it might result in nervous system depression.
Consumption of Unripe or Raw Apricot may result in gastric disorders.
Respiratory failure is noticed in some people who have consumed excessive amount of Apricot.