|Bay essential oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Bay essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name:||Laurus nobilis L.|
|Origin||Bay tree is inherent to Caribbean Islands and was spread to the other parts of world. It is vital for Ancient Rome and Greece for its religion, medicines and culture.|
|Health benefits||Prevent infections, Prevent bacterial growth, Treat neuralgia, Lowers spasm, Reduce pain|
Bay tree is inherent to Caribbean Islands and was spread to the other parts of world. It is vital for Ancient Rome and Greece for its religion, medicines and culture.
Health Benefits of Bay essential oil
Bay oil is able to ease the pain caused due to neuralgia which is the condition of nerve damage. It also supports in promoting the contraction of blood vessels and relieve the nerve pressure. It also lowers the joint and muscle pain. The respiratory problems could be treated by inhaling the Bay essential oil. It strengthens gums, fortifies scalp and prevent the sagging of skin as well as muscles. It also prevents the chances of hemorrhages which are caused due to the contraction of blood vessels.
- Prevent infections
Wounds could be septic if they came in contact to rusty and iron objects. They have high chances of tetanus or septic that could lead to cramps, convulsions, pain, breathlessness, cramps, insanity and hydrophobia. This oil prevents the infections of wounds and prevents bacterial growth.
- Prevent bacterial growth
This oil possesses antibiotic properties which help to inhibit the growth of bacteria, microbes and fungi. It safeguards against infections. It is safe having no side effects.
- Treat neuralgia
Neuralgia is the painful condition on ear, throat, tonsils, larynx, pharynx and base of the throat. It occurs due to the compression of Ninth Cranial Nerve which surrounds blood vessels. As this oil possesses astringent and analgesic properties, it provides relief from the pain caused by Neuralgia. It also lowers the feeling of pain in affected area. It relieves the pressure on cranial nerve.
- Lowers spasm
Spasm is the cause for coughs, cramps, diarrhea, aches, convulsions and nervous afflictions. Bay essential oil provides relief from spasm by soothing the contractions which helps to avoid the associated ailments and problems.
- Reduce pain
Bay essential oil lowers pain caused due to viral infections, colds, coughs, sprains and influenza. The analgesic pills found in the market could damage digestive system, heart and nervous system.
- Loss of appetite
It has become a common problem nowadays due to excessive work pressure in home and office, no relaxation, never ending search of money and no exercise. Bay essential oil assists the people having this problem.
- Prompt contractions
Being an astringent, it promotes muscle and tissues contractions. It stimulates the gums of teeth, sagging muscles and skin, strengthen grip of teeth gums and prevent hair loss. As it induces the blood vessel contraction, it prevents hemorrhaging.
- Bile movement
Bay oil stimulates the bile discharge in stomach. It maintains the balance of base and acid. The bile is used for breaking down the food molecules. It neutralizes the excess acids which are the cause for ulcers.
- Relieve health ailments
Bay essential oil acts as a sedative for disturbances and nervous afflictions. It provides relief from hysteria, epilepsy, anxiety, convulsions, depression, stress and anger.
- Prevent ulcers
Bay essential oil helps to maintain healthy stomach by preventing it from ulcers, infections and acidity.
- It promotes circulation if used on low diluted.
- If massaged with this oil helps to promote healing of strains and sprains.
- It is used for treating hair problems, oily skin, dandruff, neuralgia and poor circulation.
- It is useful for skin breakouts and razor burns.
- It provides relief from neuralgia and joint pain.
- Bay oil could be used in vapor therapy for pains, aches and fever.
- It could be inhaled by adding one to two drops of Bay essential oil to the diffuser that helps to provide relief from nasal cavity and throat.
- This oil provides relief from colic pain, stomach aches and flatulence.
- It is used to treat bronchitis, flu, arthritis and assist digestion.
- It promotes the blood flow during scanty menstruation.
- It is used to treat colds, dental infections, dental abscesses and skin infections.
- It clears fatigue, mental confusion and provides thought clarity.
- Do not use it internally.
- Use with the advice of physician.
- Do not use on damaged and sensitive skin.
- People with liver and kidney problems, cancer and using anticoagulants should not use it.
- It has high content of eugenol which could cause irritation to the mucus membrane and skin.
- The pregnant women should avoid it.
- Do a small patch test before using it.
- Avoid using on sensitive areas such as eyes, ears, nose etc.
- The Bay oil is blended with oils such as coriander, cedarwood, ginger, geranium, eucalyptus, lavender, juniper, orange, lemon, thyme, rosemary, rose and ylang ylang.
- Bay essential oil is used in making scented candles, beverages and medical preparations.
|Name||Bay essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name||Laurus nobilis L.|
|Native||Bay tree is inherent to Caribbean Islands and was spread to the other parts of world. It is vital for Ancient Rome and Greece for its religion, medicines and culture.|
|Method of Extraction||Steam distilled|
|Color||Pale yellow- yellow|
|Flavor/aroma||Medicinal, spicy, fruity, herbaceous|
|Consistency||Thin to Medium|