A huge amount of people are taking multivitamin supplements every day. Some of us only started recently, because of the COVID crisis. But people are taking them regularly, to improve their immune system, to fight colds, and to have more energy overall. Even if we can’t prevent the colds from getting to us, we can surely become stronger in fighting against them. There are also bariatric advantage multivitamin supplements that help patients with weight loss surgery to stay on track and healthy at the same time.
There are numerous vitamins that we take within our diet, but some of them are really hard to find, but at the same time, they are really important for our bodies. That is where supplements take over.
- Vitamin A- important for vision, healthy skin, growth.
- Vitamin C – important for blood vessel walls and healthy skin
- Vitamin B- proper brain function and energy
- Vitamin D- for bones, and immune system
- Vitamin E
- Folic acid
Who should take multivitamins?
There are certain ages, genders, and groups of people that need to take multivitamins. We can start with athletes, kids, pregnant women as well as people with deficiencies.
- Athletes are people that need multivitamins because of their levels of activity. To support their way of life, athletes bodies require much more nutrients, than the normal person’s body,
- Kids are humans that are still in the process of developing, and that’s when vitamins are needed the most. That is why parents often buy multivitamins for their kids. It would be no harm for both the parents and the kids to use some of the multivitamin supplements, just for boosting the immune system.
- Pregnancy- women that carry a child, require extra amounts of vitamins, because of the growing life inside of them. The most important supplement that women in this stage should take, is folic acid. It would be even better for them to take folic acid even 3 months before the planned pregnancy.
- Deficiency- lack of a certain vitamin can lead to many different diseases. That’s why people who lack them, should be very careful and also very responsible on this matter. A simple multivitamin pill can prevent problems in the normal function of the body.
Multivitamins and weight loss
When it comes to weight loss, people try different techniques, as well as dietary restrictions. They can be quite radical sometimes, and that’s why they should practice taking vitamins daily. There is nothing better than a healthy diet, and those restrictions often lead to many other body-related problems. Not to mention that once you’re off the restricted diet, the weight comes back. Even the slow progress is still progress. Your results won’t come if you keep stressing about them and avoiding certain foods because of their calories. Sometimes, foods that look fatty to you, are full of nutrients that your body needs.
Are multivitamin supplements all we need?
If we’re having a healthy, well-balanced diet, maybe we wouldn’t need any other multivitamin supplements. But, because of the modern way of life, we are too busy to cook our own healthy meals, and we more often choose junk food. Because of this, we do need multivitamins. But, if we switch to a more balanced diet, we will notice some changes immediately.
How much multivitamin is too much?
There is a stage where multivitamins can do more harm than good. Because of frequent usage, we can start a thing called ‘vitamin build-up’. Most of the time this isn’t too harmful, all thanks to our amazing bodies. They will just throw the rest of it out and take only what’s needed.
But if we start consuming a lot of supplements, we risk getting a certain disease, often related to our kidneys or heart. We should always do some previous tests and consult with a doctor on what supplements we need.
Afterward, we need to choose the best multivitamin supplements out there. We should look for the ones that aren’t full of chemicals, have little to no additives and color. The simpler the formula of the supplement, the better.
One multivitamin does not fit all!
Our bodies are different. They function differently, they lead different lives, and that is why a single multivitamin cannot satisfy everyone’s needs. That is why people might want to consider using personalized vitamins that their bodies lack. This way, they will have enough of the vitamins they lack, and at the same time, they won’t take vitamins they don’t need. The best way to find the vitamins for you is by consulting a nutritionist. This is also good if you’re trying to lose weight because he will recommend a balanced diet for you.
Best time to take multivitamin supplements
To answer the question ‘When is the best time to take multivitamins, we will shortly say that it depends on the vitamin combination. Different vitamins are best taken at different times of the day. It is best to take multivitamins in the morning with your breakfast, but some people might experience stomach pain with this. For that reason, you might want to consider taking the multivitamin in the afternoon hours.
The best time to consume vitamin B is in the morning after we wake up. You might want to avoid taking it in the evening because it can mess up your sleeping pattern. The same goes with folic acid, as it should become a part of the everyday routine of a pregnant woman. Iron can be taken in the morning, combined with Vit. C, for maximum absorption.
When it comes to taking iron, you should know that its absorption in the body can be tricky, hence the need to take it with vitamin C. Keep in mind that Milk, cheese, coffee, and tea reduce its absorption. Magnesium is another valuable part of our bodies, and there is no best time for taking it, as long as you are consistent.
Multivitamins are taken by the majority of people for various different reasons. Before taking any multivitamin supplement, we should consider it with our doctor and decide what multivitamins are the best for us. Only that way will we use the vitamin to its full potential without doing more harm than good to our bodies.