Maintaining a healthy weight is difficult when you are always craving food, even if you are already full. If you feel hungry all the time, your diet may lack some vitamins and minerals necessary to promote fullness and reduce hunger, such as protein, fat, and fiber.
If you are trying to lose weight, the feeling of fullness after eating a proper meal may be needed to avoid adding more weight. Adding appetite suppressants in the picture may help control hunger pangs alongside a balanced diet and daily exercise.
Discovermagazine.com ranked the best appetite control pills available in the market today. Check out the website and choose one among the best which you think can help curb your hunger.
What are appetite suppressants, and what do you get from them?
Appetite suppressants are akin to diet pills. These weight-loss medications can make you feel less hungry in-between meals. Appetite suppressants affect the brain to control your urge to eat and feel full quickly. Taking these medications can help you lose weight eventually because you will not fill yourself with unwanted calories.
Some people take appetite suppressants to jumpstart weight loss as it could help control food cravings. Diet pills aligned with exercise and a healthy diet can help you lose around 3% to 9% of your starting weight in a span of 12 months.
People with a body mass index (BMI) greater than 30 who are already diagnosed as obese may benefit from taking appetite suppressants. Some people who have underlying medical issues such as diabetes or hypertension with a BMI of 27 can use appetite suppressants to maintain a healthy weight.
What are the different types of appetite suppressants, and how do they work to control hunger?
Appetite suppressants can be prescription or over-the-counter. But before trying out any of these weight-loss medications, it would still be best to consult with your healthcare provider. Some appetite suppressants may react with existing medications that may cause more severe health problems.
- Increasing fiber in your diet is an effective way to control appetite. One natural appetite suppressant is glucomannan, one of the best-known soluble fibers proven effective for weight loss. It helps reduce appetite and lower food intake. Glucomannan can absorb water and turn into a viscous gel. This bulking property promotes the feeling of fullness, resulting in less food consumed and, eventually, weight loss. It is advised to be taken before meals to suppress appetite.
- Appetite suppressants with Garcinia cambogia can block fat production, lessen appetite, and lower appetite levels. Garcinia cambogia has hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which has been observed to increase serotonin levels in the body promoting feelings of being full.
- Yerba mate is an appetite suppressant made into tea. Its active ingredient comes from the plant Ilex paraguariensis, which hails from South America. Yerba Mate has energy-boosting properties. This supplement helps increase glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and leptin levels, two compounds that can increase fullness levels and lower appetite.
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is an appetite suppressant found naturally in some fatty animal products. CLA has been observed to help with weight loss by burning fat, blocking fat production, and stimulating fat breakdown.
- Green tea extract is also known for its weight loss properties. It contains two compounds that aid in weight loss; caffeine and catechins. Catechins in green tea extract are epigallocatechin gallate or (EGCG) has been observed to boost metabolism and lower body fat. Caffeine and EGCG from green tea extract work together and make the body better at burning calories, leading to weight loss.
- The dried seeds of an herb, called Fenugreek, will offer soluble fiber, including glucomannan. The high concentration of fiber of Fenugreek is the reason it can help with appetite control. Fenugreek slows down the emptying of the stomach and delays carbohydrate and fat absorption. It also helps in controlling blood sugar in addition to decreased appetite. People with obesity who take Fenugreek were observed to feel fuller and eat less on the next meal.
Some appetite suppressant ingredients were observed to be more effective than others. Certain ingredients like glucomannan are one of the most effective ingredients in suppressing appetite. Some have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, while some are still being studied. Research on appetite suppressant ingredients, and their effectiveness is still growing and changing over time. So, it is still crucial to do your research and be adequately informed on these weight loss medications’ further developments. Know your appetite suppressants well, as results may vary for every individual.