Also referred to as vitamin H, biotin is a B complex vitamin that helps your body convert food into energy. It plays a crucial role in various aspects of your health such as keeping your hair, skin, nails, nervous system and liver healthy. It is also an important nutrient during pregnancy as it is essential for embryonic growth. While one can achieve a healthy amount of biotin from a healthy diet, biotin supplements can help treat biotin deficiency as well as promote the overall health of your hair, skin and nails. There are several amazing biotin supplements like HK Vitals Biotin available in the market that provide a number of health benefits. So, here is a list of some of the major ways biotin benefits your health.
1. Promotes Hair Health
Biotin deficiencies, while rare, can cause hair loss. Biotin is widely known for its positive effects on hair. Research shows that biotin can help in stimulating hair regrowth in those who suffer from clinical biotin deficiency or alopecia. Biotin supplementation improves overall hair health by increasing fullness, adding shine and improving scalp coverage.
2. Improves Skin and Nail Health
Biotin deficiencies can result in scaly red rashes. Biotin supplementation can treat these types of symptoms. Moreover, biotin is great for the health of your skin and nails. A handful of research indicates that biotin helps in improving your skin’s smoothness, hydration and appearance. Some studies show that biotin can also strengthen your nails and promote their growth. Many consider biotin a versatile addition to the beauty and wellness regimen.
3. Fetal Development
While it is not very common, sometimes pregnant women can become biotin deficient. Biotin supplements are taken to prevent any health issues in the developing baby in such cases. Some research shows that biotin is helpful in promoting the unborn baby’s health and ensuring a healthy pregnancy.
4. Diabetes Management
A few studies indicate that biotin can be helpful in managing the symptoms of diabetes. It can help in regulating the blood sugar levels in those suffering from diabetes. Moreover, like other B vitamins, it promotes healthy brain function, which helps in managing certain neurological symptoms of diabetes such as neuropathy (dysfunction or damage or a nerve).
Are There Any Negative Side Effects Of Biotin?
- Biotin is available as a dietary supplement, but it should only be taken on the advice of your physician. In most cases, regular dietary intake of biotin is sufficient for most people.
- Before taking biotin, talk to your doctor about any other medications you’re taking and any medical conditions you have. Some medications and medical conditions may be adversely affected by the use of vitamins and supplements.
- When taken as directed by a physician or as part of a healthy diet, biotin has not been associated with any negative side effects as of yet.
- In some cases, a lack of biotin has been caused by dietary or other habits. Studies It has been found that women who smoke are more likely to suffer from a deficiency of biotin in their bodies, according to studies.
- Biotin deficiency can be caused by eating raw eggs on a regular basis, particularly the whites of eggs. Biotin-responsive limb weakness was the result of a deficiency in this case. This is a condition that resembles quadriplegia.
- Another study found that regular consumption of raw egg whites contributed to biotin deficiency.
These are some of the most common signs of a biotin deficiency:
- Hair thinning or hair loss
- High cholesterol
- Skin rashes
- Heart problems
Why Does One Need Biotin Supplements?
Most people meet their daily biotin intake requirement from foods like peanuts, soybeans, cooked eggs, walnuts and brewer’s yeast, amongst others. However, there have been several claims that adding more biotin to your diet can regulate blood sugar and support the health of your skin, nails and hair. Moreover, those with biotin deficiency can suffer from symptoms like a red scaly rash around the nose, eyes and mouth as well as thinning of hair. A deficiency of biotin can also cause symptoms like exhaustion, depression, tingling in the legs and arms and hallucinations.
The age of the user, their current state of health, as well as a number of other conditions, are all important considerations when determining the correct dose of biotin. There is not a sufficient amount of scientific information available at this time to determine an appropriate dose for biotin. It is important to keep in mind that natural products are not always guaranteed to be safe, and that dosages can sometimes be essential. Before using, ensure that you have read and understood all relevant directions found on product labels, and check in with your doctor, or another qualified healthcare professional.
There is not a recommended daily allowance (RDA) for biotin that has been established. The adequate intakes (AI) for biotin are as follows:
- 7 mcg for infants between the ages of 0 and 12 months.
- 8 mcg for children between the ages of 1 and 3 years.
- 12 mcg for children between the ages of 4 and 8 years.
- 20 mcg for children between the ages of 9 and 13 years.
- 25 mcg for adolescents between the ages of 14 and 18 years.
- 30 mcg for adults over the age of 18.
How Can HK Vitals Biotin Help?
HK Vitals Biotin by HealthKart is one of the most effective biotin supplements available in the market today. It promotes keratin production to improve hair strength, promote hair growth, add a shine to your locks and boost the overall health of your hair. It also supports the function of certain enzymes that help in maintaining skin health. Moreover, this supplement strengthens brittle nails and improves their growth. So, if you are looking for a biotin supplement that can do it all, HK Vitals Biotin is just what you need.
Taking quality biotin supplements like HK Vitals Biotin can really do wonders to your health when taken in the recommended dosage. However, there has not been sufficient research done to determine all of the adverse effects that can occur from taking an excessive amount of biotin. On the other hand, there are case studies that show that some of the possible effects can have severe consequences. If you believe that you could benefit from taking biotin supplements, your first step should always be to speak with a qualified medical professional.