To get rid of blackheads, pimples, and whiteheads (large and firm formation), cosmetologists recommend using special tools – extractors.
With their help, you can easily cleanse your face in a cosmetologist’s cabinet, or at home. The main thing is to know how to use blackhead extractor tool correctly.
Extractors: operation concept
Using tools for manual face cleansing is quite simple.
For starters, you need to prepare the skin on the face and blackhead extractors:
- apply to the whole facial area cream, facial mask or lotion that opens up pores;
- use a tonic to cleanse problematic areas;
- disinfect the working units of the tool with an antiseptic.
Only after the above conditions are met, can you start cleansing the face. Gently squeeze the problematic area with the working unit of the extractor. After a few seconds all the impurities collected in the pore, sebaceous oils and dirt will appear on the working unit of the tool.
As a rule, one confident and precise squeeze is sufficient to clean the pore out completely.
All the collected secretions should be removed with dry tissue off the tool, so that further cleansing of the face is possible.
Tools for facial cleansing: types
The selection of extractors is quite broad. However, cosmetologists recommend choosing trusted “accessories”.
All of them look almost identical: a strong metal handle with ferrules of different shapes, depending on the use. The ferrules are not removable.
The most demanded applicator:
- Vidal needle: it is used when treating deep pimples and comedones (induration). On one end the applicator has a needle that is used to pierce the layer covering the pimple or comedone. On the other end is a thin round ring. The latter is used to clean out pores. It is advisable to use this tool carefully, in order to minimize the traces of treating problematic areas of the skin;
- Vidal loop: this tool is used to remove blackheads and zits that protrude from the skin. It consists of a handle and two loops. But, how to use a blackhead extractor loop to cleanse the pore with a single squeeze? You need to steam the pores and then begin the procedure. The blackhead must be in the centre of the loop. Then, you need to push for a few seconds applying minimal pressure;
- Uno spoon: used to remove blackheads from any area of the face. The design of the tool is simple – a handle and a circular ferrule with an opening in the middle. To get rid of the blemish, you need to steam the pores and place the spoon in such a way that the blackhead and pimple are in the centre of the circle. You need to apply pressure to the area and slightly turn the spoon. The contents will end up on the surface of the spoon;
- Multi-hole spatula: useful, when you need to remove several pimples or blackheads in one squeeze. The tool has a strong handle and an angled multiple holed spoon. Some manufacturers make use of manual sharpening of the openings, to make the procedure easier and less painful. This allows you to apply less pressure, and facilitate pore cleansing with less effort on your side.
You know how to use blackhead remover tool, any single one from the list, and you can select the appropriate accessory in order to treat problematic areas.
Frequency of facial cleansing
The result of manual facial cleansing is quite inspiring. Many ladies ask themselves a very logical question: how often should you use a blackhead extractor to maintain excellent skin condition?
It all depends on the type (oily, combined) and state of the skin. If the skin is prone to blackheads, comedones, and sebum plugs then you can conduct the procedure once every 1-2 months.
That said, you need to carefully examine the state of the skin before manually cleansing the face. It shouldn’t have any redness, cuts and peeling.
If the skin is not prone to breakouts and pore buildup, then cleansing the face manually 1-2 times a year should do it. You can undertake the procedure either at home, or at a cosmetologist.
It is advised to consult a specialist before conducting the cosmetological procedure.
Cosmetological tool maintenance
Another thing that is essential to know: how to clean blackhead extractor after use.
If you’re using tools to get rid of pimples and comedones yourself, then you need do the following with the loop, multiple-hole spatula or spoon:
- soak in a concentrate;
- rinse in water;
- remove remaining water with a dry tissue;
- pack the tools away in their case.
This type of sterilization suits individually-used tools.
If you intend to take cleansing to a professional level and use 2-3 sets of tools to work with different people, then you will need to carry out a combined tool cleaning.
It consists of the following stages:
- soaking the tool in a concentrate (directly after use);
- rinsing the spatula, loop, multiple-hole spatula, needle under a stream of water;
- drying the tool with tissues;
- sterilizing the tools in a hot air oven at 180C.
After thermal treatment the tools are once again ready for usage. They are completely sterile. Any remains of dirt and biological material have been totally removed.
The tools should be stored dry in a box or a protective case to prevent contact with dust and dirt.
You should disinfect the tools before use.
Buying extractors for facial cleansing
If you have decided to do facial cleansing at home or take this up professionally, you need to choose where to buy blackhead extractors.
We advise you to make a purchase from specialized stores, where tools have:
- quality material: it is crucial that the tool is made from a metal or alloy that is resistant to corrosion, temperatures higher than 180C and aggressive chemicals. These kinds of tools can be sterilized in a concentrated solution or in a hot air oven, without having to worry about the shape and appearance thereof. Black spots, rust and other defects are out of the question;
- manual sharpening and treatment of the working units: if the loop, multiple-hole spatula, or spoon has reasonably thin edges, cleansing problematic areas is easier and painless. Another advantage of such tools: a re-sharpening of the tool. This indicates that the applicator is made from a strong metal and its working units are subject to re-sharpening. The frequency of sharpening depends on how often you use the spoon, loop or multi-hole spatula. While some specialists have their tools sharpened every 6-8 months, others do it annually;
- knurled handle: thanks to this detail, handling the extractor is more comfortable. It won’t slide in your hand while you treat different facial areas;
- a durable design: it is unacceptable for the working unit or the handle of the tool to bend or warp when applying pressure to the problematic area. Specialized stores are obliged to check the tools for durability.
- standard shape: cosmetological tools that are designed with accounting for geometrical proportions are more comfortable to work with. Also, they are easier to use when working with problematic areas on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin, without having to apply much force.
Now you are informed of what is a blackhead remover as an extractor, and how to use one. The next step is to purchase the tools for facial cleansing and removal of blemishes in a specialized store, and their application.