For some people, their battle with sinus problems can wreak havoc on their health and the quality of their life. In fact, with over 30 million Americans suffering from chronic sinusitis at any point in time, these are health issues that can take a toll on the mind and the body. Therefore, it is not uncommon for sinus sufferers to try virtually anything to relieve their headaches, stuffed up noses and the pain that they feel.
Even though this mass health problem does not appear to have an end, you should know that some solutions are very effective for treating chronic sinus problems permanently. Keeping these things in mind, here are some essential things that you should know, particularly if you are interested in finding the tried and proven treatments that people are using to eliminate their sinus problems.
1. Initial Phase of Identifying the Underlying Cause – Evaluating the Patients’ Symptoms
To find a permanent solution for any sinus problem today, your sinus doctor must listen to your symptoms to get down to the underlying cause for the attacks that you are presently experiencing. For instance, the cause of your sinusitis may begin with an allergy, inflammatory disorder or an infection. Whatever the case or situation, Samuel Becker, expert sinus doctor in Southern NJ, will review your condition by evaluating and assessing everything that is happening to you, including collecting information about the foods that you eat.
2. Administer Allergy Tests – Skin Tests and Blood Tests and Imaging
After listening to all of the symptoms that you are experiencing, one of the next steps in this process is to conduct specific types of allergy testing. For the physician to diagnose your sinus problems properly, they will also use specific kinds of medical tools to manually look at your sinus passages.
- Skin Tests – Inject Various kinds of Allergens to See Allergic Reactions to specific substances. Physicians can read these tests during the same visits.
- Blood Tests – Nurse or Physician Draws a Certain Amount of Blood to test for different allergens. These tests can be used for allergen profiles. However, the results of these tests can only be read after being sent to the lab.
To find out more, the sinus doctor may also instruct their staff to order a collection of imaging. When the imaging portion of the evaluation has been performed, the physician may also order other specific types of testing to be completed, too. These additional are usually performed on a case by case basis.
3. Makes a Diagnosis – After Identifying the Underlying Cause or Causes
As mentioned before, to find the underlying cause or causes, the tests and other evaluations performed by a physician are usually done on a case by case basis. Therefore, once the physician has found the cause of your particular sinus problem, the course of treatment can be recommended. Having said this, here are 3 underlying causes of sinusitis and treatments.
4. Causes, Treatments and Permanent Cures for Sinusitis
Nasal Polyps is the Underlying Cause and Recommended Treatments
Underlying Cause for a Nasal Polyp Patients is usually connected to growths that cause the sinus cavities to be blocked by inflammation. Temporary Medical Treatment: Medications prescribed to shrink the inflammation. (i.e. Nasal corticosteroids like fluticasone, Rhinocort, Qvar Redihaler, Nasacort Allergy 24HR). Permanent Cure: In severe cases, nasal polyps can be removed by a surgical procedure so that the sinus sufferer can get permanent relief from these kinds of medical issues.
Hay Fevers is the Underlying Cause and Recommended Treatments
Underlying Cause for a Hay Fever Patients is usually related to inflammation in the nasal passages that clog the sinuses. Permanent Cure for Chronic sinus infections:
- Keep away from triggers like mold, pet hair, dust mites and any other things that have been identified as things that can cause an allergic reaction, including specific types of foods.
- Use Saline Nasal Sprays to Clear the Sinus Cavities from thick secretions that will not break down easily as it should, this kind of treatment is used to thin out the thick secretions. For instance, by using these types of nasal saline sprays early in the seasons, and as directed, these sprays can help to alleviate health issues before any sinus infection can become chronic.
Deviated Nasal Septum is the Underlying Cause and Recommended Treatments
Underlying Cause for Patients with a Deviated Nasal Septum is usually related to a blocked or restricted nasal passage that clogs the sinus cavities. Permanent Cure for Chronic sinus infections: For some patients that have this kind of chronic sinus problem, the answer to a permanent solution may be a procedure that is called Septoplasty. This is a procedure that is performed by a sinus doctor since the deviated septum can be repaired.
Or, in some cases, the sinus doctor may recommend rhinoplasty since it is performed to reshape those nose. For instance, if the cartilage and the bone is changed to a different size or shape, this can also be used as a means to eliminate chronic sinus problems permanently. These results and success of these procedures are often seen on a case by case basis.
Today, there are many different types of treatments that can be used to alleviate sinusitis. Some of these treatments can result in a permanent cure, while others are only recommended for temporary relief. Therefore, if you are looking for a permanent cure for the problems that you are experiencing, it is important that you obtain the right type of medical help. Once you seek help from a sinus doctor, they will start the process of identifying the underlying cause or causes through the appropriate evaluations and tests. When the cause of your sinus problem has been identified, the physician can recommend treatment, including providing a permanent cure for sinus problems that respond to them.