A big and stronger bicep with defined triceps is a dream of every person who is into fitness. Bigger arms can make you healthier, and most importantly, they give you a sense of confidence. Strengthening upper body muscles promises to provide you several benefits.
Stronger arm muscles make you able to perform your daily tasks with much ease. You can also lift more weight at the gym with the help of bigger muscles. Apart from that, arm muscles also help you to perform various other exercises without any inconvenience. Developing muscle mass also works as resistance against several diseases.
The strength in arms also minimizes the risk of any possible injuries that you might encounter during exercise. A fast and active metabolism is another plus point of working on your arms. Your overall fitness body improves much by paying attention to the arm muscles. They give you a chiseled and refined look which boosts your overall look.
There are several techniques that you can add to your daily routine to build those muscular arms. Eating the right amount of food and experimenting with different workout routines can effectively target the desired areas that you want to work on.
Weight lifting has shown significant results in the development of stronger arm muscles. It makes sure to increase the maximal strength of your muscles without adding too much bulkiness to them. Moreover, your muscles will also grow into bigger size but that too in a good and positive way.
You will feel immense strength in your body with added resistance. Apart from weight training, adding a considerate amount of proteins, complex carbohydrates, and healthier fats to your daily eating routine is also necessary. A positive energy balance will amplify your journey towards your required goals.
This article will discuss some important and integral points that will work your way to get bigger arms.
Role of Diet in Muscle Building
Food is the basic component of life. Eating the right food plays a key role in regulating all your activities and critical cellular processes. Your body works faster and does a lot of good to you if you eat appropriate food. It provides you basic nutrients that keep you running and functioning at an optimal pace.
The diet you eat and the development of muscle mass are closely linked with each other. The components of food work to stack up the layer of muscles in your body. Along with exercises and lifting weight, it is necessary to eat food that is beneficial for you.
Healthy eating is the key to lose stubborn fat and add more muscle fibers to your body. Binging on food, eating at the wrong times, having an excess of unhealthy or junk food, or not eating at all by cutting down calories will not guarantee you stronger muscles and is highly discouraged.
The following food items will help you to get the bigger arm muscle mass that will also complement your training:
Proteins – Building the Muscles.
Proteins are the amino acids that regulate several of your cellular functions. They are actively involved in repairing injuries and play a major role in constituting the body’s muscle mass. They also work in the growth of the muscles and are vital to the health of the person.
If you aim to develop a stronger muscle mass and achieve bigger arms, increasing your protein content would help. It works as an integral unit to build larger muscles mass. Consuming a balanced amount of protein daily in different meals can repair muscle and gain more mass faster.
For building bigger arms, the most common choice of proteins include:
- Kidney beans
- Fish and tuna
- Chicken without skin
- Lean meat
Depending on the intensity of your workout, calculate the protein you need for your muscle strength and training. Maintaining a positive balance of protein is necessary for good and sound health.
Carbohydrates – Fuel for the Body
Carbohydrates are the basic fuel for your body that helps in running your system. They are one of the major macronutrients that have a huge demand in your body. They conduct many physiological processes in the body and give fuel to major organs for smooth functioning.
It is often misunderstood that carbohydrates are a hindrance to your fitness journey. Consuming them in excessive amounts might not be good for your health and can cause excessive weight gain. But, it is still not the right choice to cut down carbohydrates entirely from your diet. Too few carbs in your diet will affect your ability to perform better in the exercises.
The healthiest choices for carbohydrates include:
- Whole grains options
- Healthier fruit choices
- Green leafy vegetables
- Low-fat milk and yogurt
- Brown rice
The fiber present in carbohydrates helps lower cholesterol, reduce blood sugar, and aids in weight loss. The recommended dietary allowance for carbohydrates is 45% – 65% for an effective solution.
Fats – A Source of Energy
Fats are the basic requirement of your body that helps in the insulation of your body, maintains the health of your cells, and most noticeably works in the absorption of the basic nutrients in the body. They also ensure the production of healthy hormones that work in building the muscles in the body.
There are two types of fat, saturated and unsaturated, the latter being the healthiest option. They help in the management of cholesterol and keep your heart health in check. They are necessary for the maintenance of health and developing a sound and fit body.
Just like any other micronutrient, you must add fats to the diet in moderate amounts. The common choices of fats for muscle mass include:
- Seeds such as flaxseeds, sesame
- Coconut or olive oils
- Almonds and walnuts
- Sunflower oil
Consuming the set requirements of fats in adequate amounts can help in a variety of purposes. For sound health, try reducing saturated fatty acids by giving more preference to polyunsaturated fatty acids.
How does Lifting Weight Help You?
Weight lifting can help you cut down the excess fat by assisting more in developing the muscles in the body. It also plays an integral role in the strengthening of the joints and makes them extremely stronger.
For bigger arms, lifting weight can help much. You will see a visible difference in your triceps and biceps right after few days of lifting weights. It involves the use of compound muscles in various exercises. It adds much strength to your arm muscles and is a good and safe way to get bigger arms.
Exercises to do for Stronger Arms
Exercising is another great way to get bigger and stronger muscles. Doing weight lifting and increasing the repetitions can ensure the development of stronger, healthier, and bigger arm muscles.
Doing these exercises will promise good and quality results:
- Stand in a straight position with your arms straight and holding dumbbells.
- Now slowly raise your hands to your head with dumbbells in each hand.
- Your hands should be entirely straight at this point.
- Your elbows should point forward when you lower your arms behind your head.
- Return to the original position.
Barbell Biceps Curl
- Stand straight with no bend in your legs and hold a barbell.
- For adding more challenging touch to the routine, you can use a Fat bar grips.
- Engage your core and elbows to the side.
- Curl the bar up to the chest and pause for a second by squeezing your biceps.
- Return to the original position.
- Lie down flat on a bench.
- Hold dumbbells in each of your hands by your elbows to the side.
- Your feet should be flat on the floor.
- By engaging your core muscles, slowly raise the weights.
- Make a straight line, and do not bend your elbows.
- Lower down to the original position.
- Hold a barbell in your hands.
- Make sure to have an underhand grip for this exercise.
- For an enhanced grip here, use lifting hooks.
- Hooks will prevent any risk of injuries.
- Now bend your knees and pull the bar up to the level of your abs.
- Your elbows should make a 90-degree angle.
- Return to the original position.
- Hold a pull up bar tightly.
- Your hands should be slightly wider than the shoulder width.
- Engage your core thoroughly.
- Now slowly pull yourself up to the level of the bar.
- Your chest should touch the bar.
- Lower down your body slowly and uniformly for improved results.
- Stand in a straight position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Your spine should be straight without any bend.
- Hold a barbell across your chest.
- Hands should be slightly wider than the shoulder.
- For safety, you can use elbow wraps that aid in lifting.
- Hold the bar up to the head.
- Your arms should be straight at this point.
- Lower it back to the original position.
Important Things to Remember
There are some tried and tested tips that can clear your way of getting bigger arms:
- Lift as much weight as you can.
- Focus on heavyweight lifting with few reps for developing endurance.
- Enhance the reps depending on your stamina by lifting lesser weight.
- More reps will make sure to add the right strength to muscles.
- Using supplement can help you in getting adequate protein.
- Show some patience for getting the desired results.
- Take frequent meals with reduced portion sizes.
- Increase your volume of training at a gradual speed.
- Do not forget to stretch or warm up.
- Focus on what you eat before and after the workout.
Balancing the nutrients in food and doing exercises with lifting weight can develop stronger and bigger arms muscles. The combined effect of diet and exercise will give arm muscles that will also help various other processes.
A well-rounded workout that focuses on each area in the body helps develop sound and a stronger body. The exercises target the areas that you need to work, and food provides the basic nutrients.