|Louvi plum Quick Facts|
|Scientific Name:||Flacourtia inermis Roxb|
|Origin||Philippines but which has naturalized in tropical Asia and Africa|
|Colors||Green to yellow to glossy, bright red|
|Shapes||Sub-globose to globose, 2–2.5 cm diameter, smooth|
|Taste||Sour and astringent|
- Fruit juice is used to treat diarrhea.
- It is also helpful in vomiting, nausea and throat aches.
- Fruits are consumed raw or used for making jelly, jam, chutney, pickles, preserves, pies and confectionary.
- In Indonesia, cooked fruits are used in rujak (mixed fruit, chilli sauce and peanut) and asinan (mixed vegetable with chilli flavor).
- Fruits are processed in the form of jam, syrup and sweets.