- Yield: 6 Small Pancakes
How to Make It
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl, mix flaxseed meal with water. Add room temperature soup and milk and stir to combine.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a skillet or griddle.
- Drop batter to form approximately 2" pancakes onto hot pan.
- When the edges firm up, flip pancakes and continue cooking on the other side.
- While pancakes are cooking, combine salsa and drained and rinsed black beans in a small bowl.
- Top each cooked pancake with salsa mixture. Serve with a fresh green salad and cantaloupe slices on the side. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.