- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Hours
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 8- or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray (without flour).
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1⁄2 cup butter and the eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 8-inch pan 44 to 49 minutes, 9-inch pan 38 to 43 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat ¼ cup butter, the brown sugar and whipping cream to boiling, stirring frequently. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Cool 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until topping begins to thicken.
- Spread warm topping over cake. Cool before serving. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.