- Yield: 8 truffles (1 per serving)
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 Minutes
- 5 ounces cream cheese (½ cup plus 2 tablespoons) (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cashew milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped (about 8 inches long), or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
- Place the cream cheese, sweetener, maca powder, cashew milk, and vanilla in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking, adding more sweetener or maca powder, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Using a mini ice cream scooper or spoon, scoop out 1-inch balls of the mixture. Place the balls on a serving platter. Place the platter in the refrigerator while you make the chocolate drizzle.
- To make the drizzle, place the cream, sweetener, and chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-safe bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Heat on low, stirring, just until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Allow the drizzle to cool in the refrigerator for 8 minutes or until thickened, but still a bit warm; if it hardens too much, return the drizzle to the double boiler and reheat gently.
- Remove the truffles from the fridge and use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over each truffle. Serve chilled.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.