For a healthy alternative to roast potatoes, this mixed vegetable traybake complements any roast meat, particularly beef and chicken.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 red onions, about 200 g/7 oz total weight, quartered
- 6 small shallots
- 7 oz (200 g) parsnips, cut into thick sticks
- 7 oz (200 g) sweet potatoes, cut into thick sticks
- 7 oz (200 g) yams, cut into thick sticks
- 5½ oz (150 g) Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and halved
- 8 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Place the onions and shallots in a roasting tin.
- Add the parsnips, sweet potatoes, yams, Jerusalem artichokes and garlic to the roasting tin.
- Pour in the oil and lemon juice. Add the salt and pepper to taste, then stir so that the vegetables are thoroughly coated with the oil and lemon juice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn the vegetables with a spatula and bake for a further 25 minutes, or until they are golden and cooked through. The garlic cloves should be meltingly soft inside – if you like, press the contents of each garlic clove out and into the pan juices and stir in with a little water. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.