- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
For the caramel sauce
For the pancakes
How to Make It
- For the caramel sauce, combine the soft brown sugar and butter in a saucepan. Warm over a low heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cream, stir well, and bring to the boil over a moderate heat. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until thickened and golden-brown. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- For the pancakes, combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend on high until smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- After chilling, melt a knob of butter in a large nonstick crepe or sauté pan set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add a small ladle of the pancake batter to the pan, tilting to coat evenly with the batter. Cook until set and coloured underneath, about 30-45 seconds, before flipping and cooking for another 20-30 seconds.
- Slide out of the pan onto a plate lined with greaseproof paper. Repeat step 6 for the remaining crepes, using a little fresh butter for each one.
- To serve, whip the cream in a bowl to almost stiff peaks. Warm the chocolate hazelnut spread by microwaving it in a small heatproof bowl until smooth and runny. Reheat the caramel sauce in the same way.
- Spread the crepes with the cream, chocolate spread and caramel sauce, stacking them on a cake stand.
- Top the cake with a thick layer of the remaining cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Top with chopped pecans before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.