- Yield: 10
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Place the flours, salt and psyllium into a bowl and mix well to combine. Add the yeast and mix again to combine. Finally, add the oil and warm water (this should be around body temperature). Mix vigorously to combine into a dough. Knead the dough in the bowl until lovely and smooth.
- Scatter a piece of non-stick liner with a little flour and place the dough on top. Roll the dough out into a 26 cm (10 in) square, 1 cm (½in) thick.
- Measure 8 cm (3¼in) squares onto the dough and cut them out. You will have some leftover dough from the edges. Knead this and roll into a rough final square. Gently place the squares, spaced apart, onto a couple of baking trays lined with more non-stick liner. Scatter a little water on top and place in a cold oven with a tray of boiling water in the bottom. Leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and preheat to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4, leaving the tray of water in the bottom. While the oven is getting up to temperature, gently spear the top of each thin with a fork.
- Moisten with a little more water and scatter with seeds and grains if using, gently pressing them into the dough. Bake for around 20 minutes until firm.