- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- 5.3 ounces (150 g) macadamia nuts
- 1.1 oz (30 g) cashew nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 g/2.1 oz) tahini
- ¼ cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons (30 to 60 ml) lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) water
- 2 tablespoons (4 g/0.1 oz) chopped fresh tarragon (or basil or parsley)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C, or gas mark 5). Place the macadamia nuts (and cashews, if using) on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice to prevent burning.
- Mash the peeled garlic before blending to avoid leaving large pieces in the sauce.
- Place the roasted nuts, garlic, and tahini in a blender. Add extra virgin olive oil, lime or lemon juice, and water. Blend until smooth and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the chopped herbs. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well. Serve with freshly-cut vegetables such as cucumbers, celery stalks, or bell peppers.