Lemon curd is a thick, velvety cream with a fabulously tart yet sweet citrus flavour. You can use it in the Lemon Curd Tarts, like we do, as a spread for our scrumptious Lemon Blackberry Scones, or alongside an organic blueberry sauce with cornmeal waffles.
- Yield: 1 cup
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 0.33 cup + 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 0.33 cup + 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 2 or 3 lemons)
- 0.33 cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
- 0.12 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
How to Make It
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, lemon juice, oil, water, and salt. Warm for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking frequently. Add the arrowroot starch and, whisking constantly, cook the mixture for about 2 minutes, until it thickens to a custard-like consistency. (The whisk will make marks in the curd when thick enough.) Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Transfer the curd to a Mason jar or other glass container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.