Cooking acorn squash in a water bath results in an extremely tender side dish.
- Yield: 2 Halves
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cut squash in half; scoop out seeds and discard.
- Place squash cut-side down in a square baking pan.
- Fill with water until it is 1"–2" deep.
- Bake 45 minutes or until flesh is very tender.
- Pour off water, turn squash cut-side up and pour 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of butter into each half.
- Turn oven to broiler setting. Broil 2 minutes. Serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.