This simple pudding is nothing more than a smooth and silky chilled vanilla custard. Serve it with raspberries, rich in antioxidants, for a sweet–sharp flavor contrast.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and salt in a large bowl. Pour in half the milk and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan over medium–low heat, until steaming. Pour half the hot milk into the yolk mixture, in a steady stream, whisking constantly to combine. Then pour the yolk and milk mixture back into the pan and mix well to combine.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for another 1 minute, stirring, until the mixture has thickened. Remove and pour through a strainer into a large bowl.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla extract until evenly combined. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure it touches the top of the pudding. Chill for at least 3–4 hours. Serve it with raspberries. You can store the pudding in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2–3 days.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.