It is essential to have an annual eye exam, even if your vision is still good. Many people will only consult a specialist when their eyes start to fail them. It does not matter what your age is; you need to safeguard your eyesight and wellness.
We will explore various reasons why below.
1. You Need Good Eyesight To Succeed
We are in no way saying that if you are blind, you cannot succeed in life. But if you have the gift of sight, you need to take good care of it. Parents must, therefore, ensure that the whole family goes for annual eye examinations.
The modern child spends a lot of time in front of the screen, a tiny screen, especially. Parents/adults also spend quite a bit of time in front of the computer. Smart devices will also have an impact on one’s eyes.
2. Take Care Of Myopia
Research shows that more people are becoming nearsighted. It tends to progress with aging and could have a severe impact in the future. You also run the risk of developing glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal detachment.
If you live in Florida, making an appointment at Hunter Vision, a LASIK clinic in Orlando is, therefore, advised. The doctor will assess the risks and take the necessary preventative action for Free.
3. Vision Screening Is Not Enough
Many people will go for vision screening, but this does not take care of the most severe problems. You, therefore, need an eye doctor to check your eyesight. They can diagnose and control the development of severe eye problems.
4. Help Identify Health Problems
An eye doctor can help diagnose dangerous health conditions during an eye exam. The doctor observes and evaluates the blood vessels in the retina. It provides a good indicator of how healthy the general body is.
Conditions such as diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension tend to affect the blood vessels. Also, note that diabetic eye diseases do not show symptoms early. There is now research which will help you identify the risk of Alzheimer’s through eye exams.
Not taking care of these conditions can lead to blindness. Why run the risk of losing your sight when all you need to do is book an eye exam.
5. Prevention Is Better Than Cure
Scheduling an eye exam will prevent the development of eye problems. The doctor may arrest the situation while it is still in the treatable stage. You will also get useful tips on how to take care of your eyes.
Do take note of the following:-
- Children below the age of 3 may have lazy, crossed, or misaligned eyes. An eye test will allow for the correction at an early stage.
- School going children should have their eyes checked every one or two years.
- Adults in their 20s and 30s should schedule appointments every 5 to 10 years
- Those between the ages of 40-54 should go in every two to four years
- Those who are 55-64 should check their eyesight every year
- Those above the age of 65 should go in every year or more often.
Do not disregard the importance of going for eye examinations.