|Brazil Nut Oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Brazil Nut Oil facts and benefits|
|Origin||It is found in Peru, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and Ecuador. Brazil nuts are grown in wild in the wet season of rain forest.|
|Colors||Clear, light yellow|
Health Benefits of Brazil nut oil
- It is used to treat dehydrated and damaged hair.
- It is used as a treatment for sun, age spots and melasma.
- It is used as an emulsifier in butter and body creams.
- It helps to moisturize the skin.
- It is useful for dry skin, psoriasis, aging skin and eczema.
- Massage with Brazil nuts oil to lower anxiety as well as stress.
- It also prevents dandruff.
- People allergic to nuts should avoid it.
- It should be used in moderate amounts.
- Do not use in excessive amounts.
- Sensitive people might get allergic reactions.
- Perform a patch test before use.
- Brazil nut oil is also used in soaps, shampoos, skin care products and hair conditioners.
- The oil extracted at the first time is useful for cooking whereas the second extraction is used to make cosmetics and soap.
Brazil nut oil facts
|Name||Brazil Nut Oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Brazil nut||Bertholletia excelsa|
|Native||It is found in Peru, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia and Ecuador. Brazil nuts are grown in wild in the wet season of rain forest. Some areas of Brazil are used for Brazil nut plantations.|
|Common/English Name of Brazil nut||Castania, para-nut, castanheiro do para, creamnut, castana-de-Brazil, castana- de-para|
|Extraction method||Cold pressed|
|Color||Clear, light yellow|