|Costmary essential oil facts and health benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Costmary essential oil facts and health benefits|
|Scientific Name:||Tanacetum balsamita|
|Origin||It was originated in India. This plant was carried to Asia Minor about 1000 years ago and then it got arrived to Europe.|
|Colors||Light to yellow, yellow to brown|
|Health benefits||Treat wounds, Reduce fatigue, Skin health|
It was originated in India. This plant was carried to Asia Minor about 1000 years ago and then it got arrived to Europe. Then it entered into new world with English settlers. Costmary was called bible leaf because it was used by Christians in Bible pages to mark their place and enjoy the scent and aroma. People in early ages used it to scent bed linens and blankets. They chew leaves to be awake in church for long sermons.
Health Benefits of Customary essential oil
Customary essential oil is also known as bible leaf and balsam herb. It has carminative, aromatic, astringent and antiseptic properties. It is used as a flavoring agent in foods and assists in skin health.
- Treat wounds
Customary essential oil helps to treat the wounds such as blister, burn and bruise. Put this oil in the affected area. This helps to speed up the healing process. Use a couple of drops to treat the injury and coat the wound surface.
- Reduce fatigue
Put this oil on the diffuser or oil burner. It provides a pleasant scented oil that helps to make one awakened and alert.
- Skin health
It possess astringent properties, it is used as a toner to lower oily or acne prone skin. The addition of few drops to the face helps to enhance the skin texture and appearance. It makes the texture smoother.
- It provides relief from childbirth pain.
- It provokes delayed menstrual periods.
- It heals colds, intestinal worms, fever, diarrhea, flu and dysentery.
- It effectively treats rheumatism, indigestion, digestive gas and swelling caused due to bee stings.
- It is a cure for ulcers and sores.
- It eliminates mental tiredness and calms down hatred, hysteria, fear and anger.
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- The patients of liver, cancer or kidney infections should to use it.
- Do not use it undiluted.
- People with health problems should consult the doctor for use.
- Avoid using it on sensitive areas like eyes and ears.
How to use
It is used to add flavor to minced meat, lamb, poultry, curd, fish, soups, potato, beverages, sauces and cakes.
- It is used in aromatherapy.
- It is often blended with lavender, cinnamon, bergamot, ginger, lemon and grapefruit.
Customary essential oil facts
Costmary is a plant having astringent taste and minty smell. Leaf extraction is used to make essential oils of costmary. It has a pleasant fragrance with mild astringent properties that is useful for making scented potpourri, ointments and herbal baths. It provides relief from pain in childbirth and pass of placenta.
|Name||Costmary essential oil facts and health benefits|
|Scientific Name||Tanacetum balsamita|
|Native||It was originated in India. This plant was carried to Asia Minor about 1000 years ago and then it got arrived to Europe.|
|Common Names of Plant||Costmary, Alecost, Balsam Herb. Costmarie, Bible leaf, Alecoast, Costus, Sweet Mary|
|Common name of Oil||Costmary oil|
|Extraction method||Steam distillation|
|Color||Light to yellow, yellow to brown|
|How to use||