Pomegranate– bright red, along with ruby colored, jewel like seeds/arils embedded within it, have been adored like a divine fruit. Thought to Pomegranate Peels have flourished within the Garden of Eden, Pomegranate finds itself as part of ancient symbolism, rituals, beliefs as well as folk practices.
Vedas – the most historic texts of Hindu Philosophy, think about Pomegranate as a symbol of fertility as well as prosperity. In Chinese symbolism, pomegranate with its bright red skin and tasty seeds, is really a indication of abundance, passion, happiness as well as fertility. Its beauty as well as mouth rejuvenating flavor also includes equally incredible health advantages. The flowers, leaves, bark, peel as well as off-course the arils or seeds of pomegranate are all edible and also have powerful therapeutic qualities.
Pomegranate peels left to dry in the old brass plate, close to smoldering ‘chulha’ (cooking stove that utilizes wood as fuel) or perhaps in the sun, was a common sight at my maternal home in Goa. Pomegranate peels were probably the most valuable components of my grandmother’s medicine box. Throwing out peels of pomegranate was criminal in accordance with her! Because of so many health benefits under its ‘skin’, wasting peels of fruits just like pomegranate is actually a crime.
Ayurveda holds pomegranate fruit in higher regards because of its capability to pacify all of the three doshas. It’s been regarded as useful and wholesome in lots of diseases which range form anemia, dysentery, diarrhea, heart disease, intestinal worms and much more. Peels or even rind of pomegranate that is astringent as well as bitter in taste may be used for treating numerous problems. Because of the Kashaya- tikta i.e. astringent- bitter taste of the peel, it will help in reducing swellings, inflammations, diarrhea, dysentery, bleeding etc. It encourages healing, boosts digestion and is also a tonic for the liver. It comes complete along with antioxidants and could be utilized as a powerful preservative in foods along with pharmaceutics. In reality, pomegranate peel has got more anti-oxidants compared to arils. Pomegranate peels also provide anti-bacterial activity.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate Peels
Pomegranates are known for their taste as well as incredible health advantages. While many of us chomp on the red tangy tiny seeds or even the fruit to enjoy its benefits, it’s tough red skin is usually thrown away. However, just like the fruit. the peel too is loaded with lots to offer. Listed here are few advantages of pomegranate peel you most likely didn’t know. Here’s how the fruit peel assists take your beauty as well as hair care regimen to a new level altogether:
1. Fights acne, pimples and rashes
Due to its healing qualities, pomegranate peels can efficiently combat acne, pimples as well as rashes. The peels are full of antioxidants which help to keep bacteria along with other infections away. Here are a few herbal treatments to eliminate pimples.
2. Helps in detoxification of body
There might be lots of toxic agents within our body. So as to combat all of these toxic substances, you’ll need the help of anti-oxidants. Antioxidants are incredible in detoxifying the body. Pomegranate peels have got higher antioxidants. As such, they’re very helpful to keep the entire body free of toxins.
3. Fights against wrinkles and ageing
Pomegranate peels are actually great at keeping the skin appear younger. You may use pomegranate extracts along with seed oil. This can lead to synthesis of procollagen. Additionally, it helps prevent enzymes from breaking down collagen. Cell growth is promoted into a great extent. Eventually, this can lead to delaying of ageing in a natural manner. Wrinkles may also be avoided as well as your skin looks younger as well as fresh.
4. Cures sore throats and coughs
The peels of pomegranate are actually efficient at providing relief to those struggling with coughs or perhaps a sore throat. It’s been utilized since ages in traditional medicine like a really good as well as natural cure for these issues. All you need to do is powder it and blend with a few water. Be sure to gargle often using this water to obtain instant relief and lastly cure your problems. You’ll really feel good.
5. Acts as a natural moisturiser
Pomegranate peels are ideal for the skin. It hydrates as well as safeguards the skin from pollutants along with other environmental toxins. It reinstates the pH balance of the skin. The ellagic acid contained in the peels lock moisture within the skin. keeping it supple and soft.
6. Effective sun block agent
Pomegranate peel is an efficient sunscreen agent helping prevent as well as repair damage caused to the skin simply by UVA and UVB sun rays.
7. Fights against cancer
Pomegranate peel has been discovered to combat successfully against cancer. A research was done within this topic and revealed in the American Association for Cancer Research conference. They said that a precautionary agent was discovered in pomegranate extracts. This particular agent is what was found to avoid cancers of the skin.
8. Combating aging and wrinkles
Research also suggests that pomegranate peel extracts whenever combined with seed oil allows procollagen synthesis, helps prevent enzymes which break down collagen as well as successfully encourages skin cell growth therefore, naturally and effectively delaying skin aging and wrinkles.
9. Acts as an effective facial scrub
Pomegranate peels might help in eliminating dead skin, black and white heads from the face whenever utilized in form of a facial scrub.
10. Acts as natural sunscreen
Pomegranate peels also provide sun-blocking agents in them that may save your skin through the harmful UVA and UVB rays which could go a long way in avoiding skin cancer.
11. Arrests hair loss and prevents dandruff
Pomegranate peels may also help you fight hair loss preventing the menace of dandruff.
12. Fantastic home cure for sore throat
If you are having sore throat or even are susceptible to tonsil pain and require instant relief pomegranate peel powder will help you calm your troubled throat.
13. Contains large amounts of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is essential for good health. Lots of people utilize vitamin supplements to prevent having deficiencies. Deficiency in vitamin C might cause numerous serious issues. Rather than wasting money on synthetic supplements, it really is much better to make use of pomegranate peels. They’re abundant with Vitamin C and keep the body far from deficiencies. Vitamin C works well for proper growth, speeds up the healing process of wounds, as well as forms the scar tissue. It will help build body mass by forming the required proteins. Moreover, Vitamin C helps a lot in repairing bones, teeth as well as cartilage and in addition keeps them strong and healthy.
14. Fights against heart diseases
Pomegranate peels include plenty of anti-oxidants which safeguard the LDL cholesterol. Antioxidants avoid them from getting oxidized. Oxidation of LDL cholesterol leads to oxidative stress. This particular stress leads to diseases of the heart along with other such problems. Antioxidants are required to shield you from this problem. So, the more the antioxidants you get, the better it is for the heart. Pomegranate peels provide you with the best source for receiving as numerous antioxidants as you possibly can.
15. Improves dental hygiene
Pomegranate peels might help cope with a number of dental issues just like avoiding foul breath, gingivitis, carries as well as mouth ulcers.
16. Good for your teeth
A lot of tooth powders as well as toothpastes utilize pomegranate peels just as one essential component. This is due to the properties of the peel which help with sustaining proper oral as well as dental hygiene. You may also powder the pomegranate peel and blend it along with water to stay away foul breath and foul odor. It keeps the teeth and gums healthy and clean.
17. Boosts bone health
Due to its anti-bacterial as well as anti-inflammatory qualities, pomegranate peels are impressive in lessening bone strength and density loss, particularly in menopausal women. Research indicates that consuming concoctions made from pomegranate peels might help enhance bone health and avoid the start of osteoporosis right after menopause.
18. Helps improve gut-health
The peels have got tannis within them which help decrease inflammation of the intestine, swelling of hemorrhoids, tighten up intestinal lining, prevent bleeding throughout diarrhea and improve digestion.
Therapeutic Health benefits of Pomegranate Peels
- Take a handful of sun-dried pomegranate peels and roast them over a hot tava or perhaps a deep-bottomed pan. Let them cool and grind them in a grinder or mixer. Make a paste of the powder along with lemon juice or even rosewater and use it in your face, particularly in your pimples or acne. Allow it to dry for some time then wash it off completely along with lukewarm water.
- Take two spoonfuls of sun-dried as well as powdered peel and also add little milk into it. In case you have oily skin, add rose water on the powder rather than milk making a paste from it. Apply this particular paste in your face whilst keeping it till it dries. Wash the face with lukewarm water and try utilizing the powder at least two times per week for much better results.
- Grind sun-dried pomegranate peels in the mixer and empty the powder in a clean bowl. Make adequate powder to last for the week and store it within an air-tight container. Take two spoonfuls of the powder and blend well with a few yoghurt to create a paste from it. Apply this particular paste in your face and neck and leave for 10 minutes. Next, wash it well along with cold water.
- Take two spoonfuls of sun-dried pomegranate powder as well as add one spoon of brown sugar to it. To create a paste, add one spoon of honey, one spoon of avocado oil or any essential oil of your liking and mix well. Next, scrub the face together with the homemade scrub and massage thoroughly. Wash it off along with water to obtain smooth supple skin. However, don’t forget to utilize a toner along with a moisturiser right after scrubbing.
- Make a powder along with sun-dried pomegranate peels and store in the air-tight container. Mix this particular powder together with your lotion, if possible 20 minutes prior to leaving the house. Alternatively, you may also mix the powder with a few essential oils as well as apply in your face, if you want to utilize a natural sunscreen.
- Mix dried-pomegranate peel powder together with your hair oil. Next, use it on the roots of the hair and massage thoroughly. You are able to wash your hair using a mild shampoo after two hours of the application or keep it overnight according to your convenience.
- Take a number of sun-dried pomegranate peels and also boil them in water. Now strain the concoction and allow it to cool for a while. Next, gargle with this particular water frequently to obtain rest from sore throat and also tonsil pains.
- Mix one teaspoonful of pomegranate peel powder with a glass of warm water as well as consume the mix daily to enhance your heart health. However, having the drink every alternate day may also help you reinstate your heart health alongside proper diet as well as physical exercise.
- In a glass of water, include one teaspoon of sun-dried pomegranate peel powder and blend well. Next, gargle with this particular mixture two times a day to eliminate foul breath. Massaging your gums along with pomegranate peel powder can avoid gum diseases simply by soothing swollen, inflamed and bleeding gums. Mix a pinch of black pepper powder along with pomegranate powder and use the mix together with your fingers in your teeth and keep it for a short time to avoid dental decay. Wash the mouth area along with water after around 10 minutes.
- Add two spoons of sun-dried pomegranate peel powder into a glass of warm water and blend well. You may also include a spoonful of lemon juice and a dash of salt, to really make it taste better. Consume this concoction during the night to bolster bones.
- Soak half-cup sun-dried pomegranate peel in water for 30 minutes. When it softens, place it in the blender, add one teaspoon cumin seeds, three-fourth cup buttermilk, a dash of rock salt and blend all of the ingredients. Drink this combination a minimum of 3 times per week to fight piles, inflammation of intestine or digestion problems. If you suffer from diarrhea and have bloody-stools, you are able to drink it 3 times each day to alleviate your symptoms.
- 1tbsp of pomegranate peel powder needs to be taken two times a day with water to prevent bad breath. Gargles along with decoction of pomegranate peels may also be efficient at this problem. Massaging gums along with pomegranate peel powder helps in calming swollen, inflamed as well as bleeding gums. Pomegranate powder combined with tiny quantities of freshly ground black pepper can be used as a toothpowder to prevent dental caries.
- Roasted and powdered pomegranate skin could be combined with rose water or even lime juice and applied like a face-pack for calming pimples, boils, acne as well as for eliminating white heads and black heads.
- Dry peels of pomegranate are utilized along with ginger and Tulsi leaves to make a home cure for coughing
- For Bad Breath – Take 4 grams peel powder with water, twice daily
- For Extreme Urination – 5 grams of peel powder along with water, twice daily
- For Excessive Menstrual Bleeding – 1 tsp dried peel powder along with room temperature water two times a day
- To Stop bleeding in almost any parts of the body – 1 tsp dried peel powder along with water twice daily
- For Bleeding Piles – 8 grams peel powder along with water, once in morning and evening for relief
How to make pomegranate powder
Follow the steps to make pomegranate powder the right way and then use it whenever required:
- Take four or five pomegranate fruits as well as cut each fruit in four halves longitudinally.
- Next, remove all of the seeds and separate the peels.
- Further cut each peel into two halves.
- With a knife peel the yellow portion just beneath the red skin in case you require to use the peels for therapeutic purposes. Since the yellow portion whenever dried and powdered may give a bitter taste in your concoctions. However, if utilized for external application you can preserve the yellow portion intact.
- In a plate or dried cloth, put the peels and take care that they don’t overlap each other. Place them under direct contact of sunlight and let them to dry.
- Keep the peels under sun every day till they become hard as well as lose all the moisture.
- Next, in the clean dry mixture, add all of the sun-dried peels and grind for two minutes.
- In a clear glass airtight jar, keep the powder. Remove required amount of it as and when required.
Recipe of Pomegranate Peels
1. Pomegranate Herbal Tea
- 1 teaspoon of my herbal mixture or
- pomegranate powder
- organic green tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Put all of the herbs in the coffee grinder as well as grind together into a fine powder. Add in 1 teaspoon of the mixture to 1 and 1/4cup of water and bring to boil for 1 minute. Remove from the fire and let to steep for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and include the honey.
- You may use the pomegranate powder in almost any herbal mixture you’ve got. The pomegranate powder is utilized in my 10 herb supplement mixture. You may take the capsules alone for parasite problems also.
2. Pomegranate Peel Tambli
- Pomegranate peels- 3 inch piece
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Thinned yoghurt- 1/2 cup
- Fresh grated coconut– 1/2 cup
- Salt-3/4 tsp
- campaignIcon Coupons
- Cooking oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds– 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- In a frying pan add little oil, pomegranate peels, pepper as well as cumin seeds. Roast them till pomegranate peels turn out to be slightly crisp or change in color.
- In a mixer grinder add grated coconut and roasted ingredients of step 1. Include salt and grind them together to fine paste. Combine it with thinned yoghurt. Pomegranate peel tambli is ready.
- Heat a seasoning pan adding little oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves. As the mustard seeds pop up transfer it to tambli.
- Get the advantage of Pomegranate peel tambli as diarrhea treatment at home.