Appetite suppressants are diet pills, also known as weight loss pills, that work by reducing your cravings for food. Some of the appetite suppressants work by making you feel full while others make the brain not to send signals of hunger to the stomach. Either way, you end up consuming less food and consequently gain less weight or lose weight.
How Appetite Suppressants Work
Here is detailed info on how appetite suppressants help you to lose weight.
- Some have fiber. When you consume fiber, your stomach feels full and you consume less food. Some of the appetite suppressants contain fiber. Therefore, once you take the pill with the dietary fiber, it dissolves and takes space in the stomach and you will feel full.
- Some appetite suppressants prevent the brain from sending hunger signals to the stomach. If you don’t feel hungry, you are not likely to eat a lot and so you will lose weight.
- Some work by triggering the brain to produce serotonin. This is a feel-good hormone that also doubles up as an appetite suppressant. The more the hormone, the less you will feel like eating.
Usually, appetite suppressants also have ingredients that help in boosting metabolism and burning fat. Therefore, you will not only consume less food, but your metabolism rate will go up and also more body fats will be burnt. As a result, you will lose weight since you are consuming less calories and more calories are burnt.
To get the best results, you should combine the diet pills with healthy eating and exercising. It would be pointless to eat junk and be a couch potato as you take the appetite suppressants and expect to lose weight.
Ingredients In Appetite Suppressants
To help in weight loss, appetite suppressants that contain natural ingredients can help to reduce one’s appetite as well as burn fat and increase metabolism.
Some of these ingredients include:
- Garcinia Cambogia: Garcinia Cambogia shares the name with a tropical fruit and is considered a miracle ingredient in weight loss products. It contains high levels of hydroxycitric acid (HCA). The acid is said to have weight loss properties since it blocks citrate lyase, an enzyme that is used by the body to make fat cells, thus blocking fat production. The HCA also boosts serotonin levels, which makes the stomach feel full. Garcinia Cambogia also helps to reduce appetite. It has appetite suppressants
- Caffeine: Caffeine mostly used in appetite suppressants is from green coffee bean extract and green tea extract. Green coffee extract are coffee beans yet to be roasted. Therefore, they have more chlorogenic acid, which helps in weight loss. The acid helps to melt away fat in the body and reduces sugar cravings. Green tea extract has catechins and caffeine, both of which help in weight loss. Caffeine helps to suppress appetite and to burn fat. Catechins, which is an antioxidant flavonoid, helps to boost metabolism. When combined with caffeine, they help in weight loss since the body will burn more calories while reducing cravings.
- Glucomannan: Glucomannan is a water-soluble fiber that helps in weight loss by making you feel full. When you take an appetite suppressant containing glucomannan, it absorbs water and thickens to a gel-like substance. Since the body doesn’t absorb fiber, it travels through the digestive system without changing. Since its fiber and its bulk, it will take longer in the stomach and you will feel fuller for long. Since you don’t feel hungry, you won’t tend to take in more food. It is advisable to take a glucomannan diet pill with water to help it travel smoothly and to expand once it gets to the stomach.
- Yerba Mate: Yerba Mate is a plant from South America with the ability to suppress appetite. According to studies, yerba mate has an effect on GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide 1) and leptin. GLP-1 is a compound in the gut that regulates appetite, while leptin is a hormone that makes one feel full. They both help in controlling food intake.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper is red pepper whose main ingredient is capsaicin. Capsaicin is believed to suppress appetite and increase metabolism. According to a 2014 study, people who added the red pepper to their meals had fewer cravings and felt fuller. In another 2003 study with women as subjects found that after they ate red pepper, their metabolic rate increased.
Other ingredients used in appetite suppressants include synephrine (bitter orange), caralluma fimbriata, and forskolin. In conclusion, appetite suppressants contain ingredients that help to reduce appetite. This happens either by producing hormones that trigger the brain not to send hunger signals to the stomach or by containing fiber that makes the stomach feel full and for longer. Others trigger the brain to produce serotonin, which is a hormone that suppresses appetite. The fuller or less hungry you feel, the less food you are likely to consume. The fewer the calories you consume, the more likely you are to lose weight. However, appetite suppressants are combined with other ingredients that increase metabolism and burn fat. Also, for you to get the best weight loss results, you need to combine the use of diet pills with exercise and a healthy diet.