Did you know that every tissue, organ, and system consists of trillions of cells that work together to carry out their daily functions? So, the health of your body depends on how your cells function and perform multiple metabolic processes. And the cell processes, in turn, rely on the vibrancy, energy, and electrical fields of each cell. Some harmful conditions can deplete your cells and make them more susceptible to toxins and less efficient. The cumulative damage of the cells may result in various health disorders and early aging. Tuning up your cell’s health and maintaining its optimal functions may help prevent health disorders and lay a solid foundation for good health. If you wonder how this is possible, Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) is the answer. Let’s understand more about PEMF and its health benefits.
Cellular Health and PEMF
Every cell in your body has its own bio-electromagnetic field. Unfortunately, the stressors, toxins, and environmental pollution negatively impact your cells.
PEMF provides pulsed and controlled electromagnetic frequencies that have health-enhancing effects.
These electromagnetic waves help cells contract and expand, improving blood circulation and oxygen and nutrient supply into your cells.
Improved circulation regenerates damaged tissue, reduces swelling, and repairs fractured or torn tissues. All this helps your tissues to heal faster.
Besides, your cell membrane becomes more permeable, improving the release of toxins, wastes, and inflammatory chemicals.
This helps to rebalance the cell and restore its optimal functions. When cells throughout the body are restored, they function together more efficiently.
PEMF also acts on your cell’s mitochondria, triggering energy production.
Mitochondria of the cells produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which provides energy to all the cells and is the key to healthy cell functioning.
PEMF maintains the number of mitochondria in cells responsible for cellular oxidative capacity.
What happens is that low ATP levels may cause the cells to become diseased or corrupted.
Without adequate ATP, the cells are ultimately damaged. In the absence of ATP, the body also loses its ability to heal and regenerate.
Cellular Effects of PEMF
- Improves blood flow and intercellular fluid
- Stimulates ATP production
- Boosts oxygen levels of the cells
- Increases cellular energy
- Promotes healing of cells
- Supports electron transport in cells
- Stimulates intercellular communication
Health Benefits of PEMF
As mentioned before, PEMF devices work as an external source offering the required magnetic field for your cells to function.
Here are some health benefits:
- Pain: PEMF works as an electrotherapeutic for pain. This means PEMF boosts your circulation without increasing your blood pressure or heartbeat. PEMF repairs damaged or torn tissues by improving blood circulation, reducing swelling, and regenerating nerve cells, thus alleviating pain. Besides, PEMF devices can provide high-intensity magnetic induction with multiple frequencies in a shorter time frame. So, the magnetic field can penetrate your muscles and joints within a few minutes, offering quick relief from pain.
- Sleep: As PEMF offers deep relaxation, it may reduce the time needed for you to get sleep. It may also improve the quality of your sleep, allowing you to stay asleep throughout the night. Experts believe that this function of PEMF is due to its ability to release hormones associated with deep and restorative sleep (Melatonin and Human Growth Hormone).
- Mental Focus: PEMF can promote the alpha state of awareness where the brain is awake yet relaxed. This state allows you to learn and retain more information. It can also help induce the beta state where your brain’s ability to process data is improved, allowing you to solve your problems better and multi-task. All this together allows you to remain highly focused and productive.
- Stress: Regular PEMF therapy can change how your body responds to stress by working on endocrine and nervous systems. It makes you more resilient towards stress.
- Injury: As we have learned before, PEMF increases the capacity of your muscles to work harder and recover faster. It does so by improving the energy production in your muscles. It may also help prevent wear and tear of muscles, increase the uptake of oxygen into muscles, and encourage accelerated healing.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) is a medical treatment involving highly concentrated electromagnetic energy supplied through PEMF machines.
Here are some studies on the benefits of PEMF for health conditions:
- According to a study published in the journal of cellular physiology, non-invasive EMF induction of hsp70 aids in preserving myocardial function and can improve tolerance to ischemic injury. The study was conducted on rats where hemodynamic changes related to the induction of hsp70 and EMF preconditioning were monitored following ischemia-reperfusion injury. Researchers examined heart tissue and blood levels for hsp70 taken at 10-minute intervals through Western blot and RNA transcription by rtPCR.
- A 2013 human study has shown that EMFs can affect the functioning of the centers of the autonomic nervous system regulating cardiac rhythm. While a transient increase is observed with clinical exposure to industrial 50-60 Hz EMFs, extended exposure decreases pressure. Experimental PEMFs are found to act directly on the tissue of a beating heart.
- In a 2010 study, scientists studied the alterations in the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis associated with the TMS treatments. In this study, treatment-resistant patients with depression were treated with five 60-s 1-Hz trains over the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex. The patients received 12 sessions with a 3-week duration. Scientists analyzed the levels of thyroid hormones before and after the treatment. Results showed a substantial increase in thyroid hormones during low-frequency magnetic stimulation.
- A study carried out by the Harvard Medical School analyzed the effect of PEMF devices on patients with major depressive disorder. In this research, they developed a pulsed electromagnetic therapy machine using 20 Gauss maximum field intensity and 1000 Hz wave signal. During this study, researchers accidentally discovered that patients with bipolar disorders had improvement of their symptoms.
- With the success of the previous study, the researchers carried out a double-blind sham-controlled study. The results showed a 10% improvement in mood after the 20-minute treatment. All patients were having a current depression episode and were on medication for at least six weeks. This study suggests that PEMF may be helpful for various forms of depression.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy offers health-enhancing effects on your cells. It may help improve oxygenation, blood supply, and functioning of your cells that are necessary for maintaining overall health. For more information, please visit the website https://www.sentientlight.com