|Indian Silver Fir Quick Facts|
|Name:||Indian Silver Fir|
|Scientific Name:||Abies Webbiana|
|Origin||Indian Silver Fir, Himalayan Silver, The West-Himalayan High-Level Fir, The East-Himalayan Fir|
|Shapes||Cone, erect, cylindrical, 10-20 cm long|
|Taste||Sweet, bitter, and pungent|
- Leaves are used to treat mild headaches and relieve mental stress.
- It is used for treating cough, asthma, chronic bronchitis, common cold, sneezing, allergic rhinitis and upper respiratory infections.
- Use powdered leaves internally for anemia, cough, colic pain and digestive disorders.
- For cough, hoarseness of voice, intrinsic haermorrhage, powdered leaves are used with juice of Adhato da vasica or honey.
- In West Bengal, leaves juice is used as a tonic after parturition.
- Apply the resin mixed with roses oil for neuralgia.
How to take Talispatra Powder
- Take 2-3 grams of leaf powder to promote appetite.
Cough, hoarseness of voice, fever, congestion
- Mix 2-3 grams of leaf powder with equal amount of Rock candy or Mishri.
- Take the dose of 2-3 grams of leaf powder.
- Apply the leaves topically.
- Intake less than 2 grams per day.
- When used in excess, it results side effects such as heartburn, mouth ulcer, stomach irritation, worsen ulcers and vertigo.
- It has hot potency so avoid during breastfeeding and pregnancy.