|Macadamia oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Macadamia oil facts and benefits|
|Origin||It is inherent to Australia and native to Central and South Eastern Queensland and North Eastern New South Wales.|
|Colors||Slightly amber, pale yellow, golden yellow|
|Health benefits||Healthy heart, Provides energy, Overall health, Assist vision, Promote skin health|
Health Benefits of Macadamia oil
Macadamia nut oil is able to reduce triglyceride levels, boost energy level, improve heart health, boost bone health, improve digestive process, prevent chronic diseases, stimulate circulation and enhance immune system. Let us discuss the health benefits in detail:
- Healthy heart
Macadamia nut oil is rich in fatty acids that help to lower the chances of clogging arteries, heart attacks, atherosclerosis and strokes. The high content of oleic acid rebalances the level of cholesterol and lowers the triglycerides amount in the blood. It helps to balance the presence of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids. (1)
- Provides energy
Macadamia oil provides energy to the body but it should be used in moderate amounts because its excessive use could result to obesity and weight gain. (2)
- Overall health
This oil has tocotrienols which is an antioxidant that helps to neutralize free radicals which are harmful byproducts of cellular metabolism associated with various chronic diseases such as apoptosis, cancer and cell mutation. It enhances immune system and also cleans entire system. (3)
- Assist vision
It has antioxidants that are associated with enhancing eye health and prevents the chances of cataracts and macular degeneration. It neutralizes free radicals due to the presence of antioxidant properties. (4)
- Promote skin health
The antioxidants have vital impact on skin health. It has squalene that lowers oxidative stress on the skin and body. It prevents the chances of age spots, wrinkles, signs of aging and healing rates. (5)
- Acts as a moisturizer
Macadamia nut oil is a perfect moisturizer for the men after shaving. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe the skin and also moisturize the skin by making it healthy and smooth. (6)
- Hair health
Macadamia nut oil helps to enhance shine to the hair and also strengthen the hair follicles by lowering hair loss. It enhances the health and appearance of lips. It heals chapped lips and lower inflammation of wounds and sores. (7)
- It is used to treat chapping, scars and stretch marks.
- It is revitalizing and calming.
- It could be used in aromatherapy and massage purposes.
- It assists in recovery process and also lower inflammation and itchiness.
- It provides relief from constipation and promotes digestion.
- Massage hair and scalp with this oil for hair conditioning.
- It also slows down the aging process.
- It treats minor wounds and heals scars on the skin.
- It is a cure for sun burns.
- It prevents stretch marks in pregnancy.
- It could result in gaining weight.
- Some might experience an allergic reaction.
- It should not be used in case of dermatitis.
- People allergic to nuts should not use it.
- Avoid its excessive use.
How to Eat
- It is used as a salad oil to dress salads and for frying purposes.
- It provides mild and butter flavor to the foods.
- It is used in dietetics and cosmetics.
- It is used in the production of lip balms, facial creams, body scrubs, soaps, lotions, bath oils and shampoos.
Macadamia oil facts
|Name||Macadamia oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Macadamia plant||Macadamia ternifolia|
|Native||It is inherent to Australia and native to Central and South Eastern Queensland and North Eastern New South Wales.|
|Common/English Names of Macadamia plant
|Queensland nut, Maroochi nut, Bush nut, Hawaii nut, Bauple nut,
Australian nut, Smooth shelled Macadamia, Bush nut, Bopple Nut, Poppel Nut, Huile de Macadamia, Macadamia Oil, Macadamia integrifolia, Macadamia tetraphylla, Noix Macadamia, Noix d’Australie, Noix de Macadamia, Noix de Macadam, Noyer du Queensland, Noix de Queensland, Nuez de Macadamia
|Name in Other Languages of Macadamia plant||Spanish: Nuez australiana, Nuez de macadamia, nuez de arbusto|
|Extraction method||Cold pressed|
|Color||Slightly amber, pale yellow, golden yellow|
|Odor||Characteristic, slightly fatty|
|Smoke point||210 °C (410 °F)|
|Flashpoint||300 °C (572 °F)|
|How to Eat||