Marjoram is the fragrant herb which was found in Arabia and Egypt. It is also called Oregano. It is found in the Mediterranean regions. The marjoram is found in the form of fresh or dried, powder or essential oil. It is used in salads, soups, meat dishes and sauces. It is also used in body lotion, bath soaps, skin cream and shaving gels. The synonyms of marjoram are: Manjorana majorana, Majorana hortensis Moench.
Health Benefits of Marjoram Essential Oil
Marjoram has the antispasmodic, antiseptic, antiviral, carminative, cordial, digestive, emenagogue, fungicidal, laxative, sedative, vasodilator, analgesic, anaphrodisiac, antiviral, cephalic, diaphoretic, diuretic ,emenagogue, fungicidal, laxative, sedative, nervine, stomachic and vulnerary substance. The health benefits of Manjoram Essential oil are:
The pain caused due to the fevers, oversecretion of muscles, headaches, cold and toothaches. It does not have any side effects.
Marjoram helps to get rid of spasms in the respiratory systems and intestines as well as muscular spasms in the limbs. It helps to heal pulled muscles, spasmodic cholera, convulsions which are caused by the uncontrollable spasms.
Marjoram essential oil helps to control the sexual desires. It is benefited for those people who are having extreme and abnormal sexual urges.
4. Marjoram Oil for Snoring
The marjoram oil should be kept in a jar and placed near the bedside of the person which helps to get rid of snoring. The few drops of marjoram oil should be added to the pillow or it should be massage to the neck for the better results. Marjoram oil also helps to add the flavor to the meats and barbeques.
Due to its antiseptic properties, it is appropriate for internal as well as external wounds. It is also used in the creams or lotions. The wounds are prevented from getting tetanus and becoming septic.
It helps to prevent the infections of viruses and the problems caused by them such as influenza, measles, common cold, mumps and pox.
Marjoram oil helps to prevent bacteria and eliminates typhoid, colic, malaria, food poisoning and bacterial infections such as digestive system, excretory system parts, colon and urinary tract.
The Marjoram essential oil helps to provide a safe downward passage for the gases by relaxing of muscles in the abdominal region. It also restricts from forming the further gas. It helps to eliminate the health ailments such as nausea, stomachache, hypertension, indigestion, vomiting, chest pain and excessive flatulence.
Marjoram oil helps to keep the brain healthy and prevents from getting it dull with the age. It also prevents from the health conditions such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It also cures headaches.
Marjoram oil helps to enhance the blood circulation. The presence of this property helps to cure coughs and eliminate excess phlegm, arthritis and rheumatism.
Marjoram Oil enhances perspiration and it also assists in the elimination of sodium salts, toxins and excess water. It also reduces fevers and loosens weight.
Marjoram seeds help to promote digestion with the stimulation of acids, gastric juices and bile in the stomach. It helps to promote digestion and regulate the bowel movements.
Marjoram oil helps to boost the urination frequency which helps to eliminate sodium, bile salts, sodium, excess water and other toxic elements. This also helps in reducing the blood pressure, fat and also cleans the kidneys. Those who are taking marjoram oil should drink more water because frequent urination may cause dehydration which is harmful for the health.
The ladies having the painful, obstructed or irregular menstruation can be helped by marjoram oil. It helps to make them regular and also clear menses by providing relief from the symptoms such as abdominal pain, mood swings. Marjoram oil also helps to prevent the premature menopause.
Marjoram essential oil eliminates the mucus and phlegm deposition in the throat and sinuses and the congestion of larynx, bronchi, nasal tract and lungs caused by the viral infections and colds. It also treats the chronic coughing effectively.
It restricts the fungal infections and development of fungus. It helps to treat the skin diseases caused by the fungal infections. Marjoram oil also cures dysentery which is caused by the growth of fungus.
Marjoram oil helps to reduce the chances of strokes, heart attacks, brain hemorrhaging and also reduces the blood pressure.
The bowels are cleared by vitalizing the large intestine and also ease the excretory system.
Marjoram Essential Oil helps to speed up the healing process of wounds both internally and externally and also prevents from infections.
Marjoram oil seduces, relaxes and calms the mind and body along with alleviating nervous stress as well as anxiety. It provides the soothing effect to those having trauma, shock and major setback in life.
It prevents from the nervous disorders and also enhances the nervous system as well as tones it and keeps you active.
The stomach disorders, ulcers are cured by promoting the flow of bile, acids and gastric juices. The Marjoram oil helps to manage the secretions in the stomach which helps to avoid the conditions such as ulcers.
It provides an effective treatment for atherosclerosis, heart attacks caused by hypertension. It helps to ease the flow of blood, widens the blood vessels and reduces the blood pressure.
Marjoram treats sinusitis, bronchitis, stress, muscle pains & joints, headache, colds, asthma, insomnia and fatigue.
Suggested Popular Uses of Marjoram Essential Oil
- Marjoram Essential Oil should be applied on the back of the neck by diluting 1-2 drops which helps to relieve the stress and tension.
- A night’s sleep can be promoted by diffusing before going to the bed or placing the cotton ball by adding the marjoram essential oil near the pillow.
- Dried Marjoram should be replaced by the Marjoram essential oil in the next recipe. 2 tsp. of dried herbs is proportionate to 1 drop of essential oil.
- The health of respiratory system could be promoted by diffusing Marjoram essential oil.
- It helps to assist the cardiovascular support if 1-2 drops of marjoram essential oil is massaged to the reflex points of the feet for 1-2 times a day.
- 2-3 drops of essential oil should be diffused or 8-10 drops should be added to the bath water before bedtime in order to reduce grief, insomnia, stress, anxiety and nervous tension.
- Massage the affected areas by adding 2-3 drops of Marjoram essential oil to 1ounce of carrier oil which helps to treat lumbago, stiffness, sprains, arthritis, muscular aches and rheumatism.
- Rub 2-3 drops of Marjoram essential oil by adding 1 ounce of carrier oil on the chest and throat which helps to relieve bronchitis, coughs, asthma and colds. It can also be used on steam inhalation by adding 2-3 drops.
- 2-3 drops of carrier oil should be dabbed on the area in order to get rid of chilblains or bruises.
- Mix 2-3 drops of Marjoram essential oil and carrier oil. Massage it on the back which helps to relive the digestive problems such as indigestion, constipation and flatulence.
- The high blood pressure can be treated by massaging the mixture of 2-3 drops of Marjoram essential oil and carrier oil in a full body. 8-10 drops of essential oil could be added to the bath.
- Massage the neck and temples with the mixture of 2-3 drops of Marjoram essential oil and carrier oil. It can be used in the hot or cold compress.
- The lower back and lower abdomen should be massaged with the mixture of 2-3 drops of Marjoram essential oil and carrier oil so that it eliminates the premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cramps. It can be used in the hot or cold compress or 8-10 drops of Marjoram essential oil could be added to the bath water.
- Inhale Marjoram essential oil by adding 2-3 drops on a handkerchief to treat seasickness.
The pregnant women should consult the physician before using the Marjoram essential oil because there is no scientific evidence that it does not have any effects on pregnant women.